Precision Power amps?

I've just recently ordered a PPI BK 1800.1 for my DAD 15, its rated at like 700 RMS at 4 ohm, 1100 at 2.. I plan on wiring my 15 to 2 ohm, so.. We'll see how that goes. I'm taking it to a local shop to have it DD1'd

When my stuff got jacked I bought 2 of the bk1800d's to replace my 2 elemental designs nin.1's and even though I loved my nin.1's I have to say that the bk1800's out perform them. I have mine running an alpine type x (1 amp per sub X 2 in 2 ohm) and I have had zero issues with them. I would buy them again. My only gripe is that they are not strapable.

When my stuff got jacked I bought 2 of the bk1800d's to replace my 2 elemental designs nin.1's and even though I loved my nin.1's I have to say that the bk1800's out perform them. I have mine running an alpine type x (1 amp per sub X 2 in 2 ohm) and I have had zero issues with them. I would buy them again. My only gripe is that they are not strapable.
Awesome, good to hear from someone that has used them! Taking forever for them to get to my house, im impatiently waiting!

So many PPI amplifier options. Now they're adding a even more choices .

I was trying to pick a amp for a SI Bm MkIV sub. The Phantom and the Black Ice both look like good options but trying to sort out the main differences. I'm guessing the Bk's are better quality, and the phantoms are just more compact. Is that right?

So many PPI amplifier options. Now they're adding a even more choices .
I was trying to pick a amp for a SI Bm MkIV sub. The Phantom and the Black Ice both look like good options but trying to sort out the main differences. I'm guessing the Bk's are better quality, and the phantoms are just more compact. Is that right?
typically, companies with a dozen models mean they all suck.

typically' date=' companies with a dozen models mean they all suck.
You are the king of gross generalizations. But please, continue. Take this while you're at it:

shovel.jpg

I think ur done here bro, maybe you should do your homework before blasting your generalized hatred of precision power all over somebody's post. Yeah, they aren't 500 dollars for a 3 feet long 4channel, but they still get the job done nicely. Tfade's Facebook has the pp 4 channel test on there. Also, sound stream makes some nice amps for the money.

companies that have scores of models to sell have a very peculiar business model. They revolve around catching as many potential customers as possible with as many "different colors of advertising" as possible. They make it look like they have something for everybody, when in actuality, all there products are the same trash because their resources are spread thin.

many times when someone is trying to buy something, they are looking for a particular feature in the advertised product. Say they want something small to fit in the car. The Trash Audio Company will have 100 models and one of them will be advertised as being small and easy to fit in your car. The potential buyer is more likely to purchase the product after searching through many models that don't advertise that feature, ie: small and fits in your car, because it fits his purpose.

The Good Quality Audio Company typically will have a few models of amps, for example, that can be purposeful to most potential buyers. But there is no illusion of wide choices and the "golden egg" in the middle of them all, so they are more likely to search elsewhere.

I've seen this practice everywhere. Firearms industry, video game industry, car audio, etc. Junk Industries always have truck loads of crappy options whereas One Option Incorporated typically produce a high quality product.

companies that have scores of models to sell have a very peculiar business model. They revolve around catching as many potential customers as possible with as many "different colors of advertising" as possible. They make it look like they have something for everybody' date=' when in actuality, all there products are the same trash because their resources are spread thin.
many times when someone is trying to buy something, they are looking for a particular feature in the advertised product. Say they want something small to fit in the car. The Trash Audio Company will have 100 models and one of them will be advertised as being small and easy to fit in your car. The potential buyer is more likely to purchase the product after searching through many models that don't advertise that feature, ie: small and fits in your car, because it fits his purpose.

The Good Quality Audio Company typically will have a few models of amps, for example, that can be purposeful to most potential buyers. But there is no illusion of wide choices and the "golden egg" in the middle of them all, so they are more likely to search elsewhere.

I've seen this practice everywhere. Firearms industry, video game industry, car audio, etc. Junk Industries always have truck loads of crappy options whereas One Option Incorporated typically produce a high quality product.[/quote']

Wow. So since Diamond Audio is under the umbrella of DEI, they're crap. Same with Eclipse. And since Infinity is under the umbrella of Harman International, then Mark Levinson, JBL, Lexicon, and Selenium are also crap.

Thanks for the lesson.

companies that have scores of models to sell have a very peculiar business model. They revolve around catching as many potential customers as possible with as many "different colors of advertising" as possible. They make it look like they have something for everybody' date=' when in actuality, all there products are the same trash because their resources are spread thin.

I've seen this practice everywhere. Firearms industry, video game industry, car audio, etc. Junk Industries always have truck loads of crappy options whereas One Option Incorporated typically produce a high quality product.[/quote']

Not true in all cases companies have different products for different applications, that's supply and demand, most cover all ranges from low end to high end. Does not mean just because they have low end stuff, the good stuff is junk,

Oh and every business revolves around getting as many customers as possible, this is business not charity, every businesses' ultimate goal is to make money doesn't mean what they sell is junk tho

And if a company can have 100 different items to choose from their resources are not spread thin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.