Precision Power amps?

wildcat
10+ year member

My door speakers are rated at 50/100 watts. I need to get an amp for them and have been seriously considering the Precision Power BK520.4.

Power Ratings of the amp are:

RMS Power 4 Ohms 95 x 4

RMS Power 2 Ohms 130 x 4

RMS Power 4 Ohms Bridged 260 x 2

Also been looking at the PP BK800.4 and S760.4 (which are 130 x 4 @ 4 ohms). I do have crossovers looked up to each speaker, but would one of them be too much?

I'm highly doubtful of PPI amps. Everybody says "oh they're so good! blah blah blah..." but they've never been tested for power output. Never been o-scoped, dynoed, etc. It's just word of mouth....

And they can be found so low priced it's ridiculous, which really makes you think about how much power they really put out or how efficient they are.

My door speakers are rated at 50/100 watts. I need to get an amp for them and have been seriously considering the Precision Power BK520.4.
Power Ratings of the amp are:

RMS Power 4 Ohms 95 x 4

RMS Power 2 Ohms 130 x 4

RMS Power 4 Ohms Bridged 260 x 2

Also been looking at the PP BK800.4 and S760.4 (which are 130 x 4 @ 4 ohms). I do have crossovers looked up to each speaker, but would one of them be too much?
The bk series are awesome ..i run the bk 800.4 and it puts out tons of power and has a great active crossover network ...u can always dial the gains back and a more powerful amp leaves headroom for upgrades in the future..i absolutly love mine ..suprised the hell outta me

I'm highly doubtful of PPI amps. Everybody says "oh they're so good! blah blah blah..." but they've never been tested for power output. Never been o-scoped' date=' dynoed, etc. It's just word of mouth....
And they can be found so low priced it's ridiculous, which really makes you think about how much power they really put out or how efficient they are.[/quote']

Yes they have been tested by tfade and tons of ppl run them ive yet to here anyone said any bad things abiut them ..maybe u should try one and stop being a skeptic..there are still decent deals to be had in this hobby .just bc dc and all these other companies produce 4ch amps with less power and 4 times the sticker price lol

This is a step up from power acoustik, same company but like comparing a chevy to a gmc, yes a Chevy could a great engine, but the gmc will be more reliable more efficient, more features. Better components inside

This is a step up from power acoustik, same company but like comparing a chevy to a gmc, yes a Chevy could a great engine, but the gmc will be more reliable more efficient, more features. Better components inside
so Power Acoustik makes Soundstream?

soundstream, power acoustik, and precision power are all the same thing.

And for nastyimpala, please show me these "tests". I have a bk1800.1 and I'm happy with it. But I'm not delusional.........

I've just recently ordered a PPI BK 1800.1 for my DAD 15, its rated at like 700 RMS at 4 ohm, 1100 at 2.. I plan on wiring my 15 to 2 ohm, so.. We'll see how that goes. I'm taking it to a local shop to have it DD1'd

Ok for mid/high use I would not run anything but the Phantom 900.4. there are several reviews where they do test its output with an oscope and it will do rated powa.

I had 1 in my ride running 4 infinity kappa 6.5's (1 on each channel @ 2 ohm) and I was very happy with it. So much so that it recently got jacked and I bought another one!.

Only down side to it is its very small so getting to the adjustment knobs is a pain but not that big of a deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.