Pre Out Only headunits

how does not having an internal amp effect the sq of your external amps?
Because the HU is the mother of the signal chain- it affects everything along its signal path- an amplifiers signal is only as good as the signal feeding it- that why people benefit from preamp EQ's and line drivers

Also the harder a HU has to work(wether its an internal amp, DSP

eq's/crossovers, loudness etc...) compromises that signal

i wouldn't recommend buy an ampless one because resale value *****. i learned the hard way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif also if you ever change your system and decide you need speaker outputs you don't have them. there good headunits out the with internal amps.
In many cases, anybody who would be buying a "dead head" used, certainly isn't interested in using deck power.

Add these to the list of dead heads(not sure if these have been mentioned):

Eclipse ECD 415/CD8051/8052/8061/8062

Clarion HX-D10

Alpine cda-7995

Well at least I now know there's a selection of ampless headunits out there. Now to decide on which one I want. Thanks for the info guys. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

the eclipse 8053 is a steal right now. eclipse has a special on them till the end of the yr. i am selling them for 299.00 brand new with full waruntee. for the money you are not going to find a better head unit. soundfxny.com

the eclipse 8053 is a steal right now. eclipse has a special on them till the end of the yr. i am selling them for 299.00 brand new with full waruntee. for the money you are not going to find a better head unit. soundfxny.com
Care to mail me one of those at that price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i will send one out tomarrow if you want. call me at my store tommarow 845-928-9099. but you might not want it after you see my reply on volage and the eclipse radio message. dont take it to hard i love to get in debates. my name is john if you call.i am in new york. i am open from 10-6

i will send one out tomarrow if you want. call me at my store tommarow 845-928-9099. but you might not want it after you see my reply on volage and the eclipse radio message. dont take it to hard i love to get in debates. my name is john if you call.i am in new york. i am open from 10-6
So then your saying your a dealer of Eclipse? How are you going to warranty anything after shipping? Receipt? With install for the three year? ESN card with your name on it? Etc.....

--Don

Hey soundfx2....I noticed you replied to another thread, but have not yet answered my wuestions regarding your affiliation with Eclipse and whatever warranty your claiming to provide. Care to enlighten us?

--Don

yeah pioneer makes the premire models. But they are not the same. Oh and premire has some a 1 or 2 different models than premire. And no i do not consider the 8600 or 9600 to be high. They are very nice but not adiophile material.

p.s. sorry for the misspelled words.

yeah pioneer makes the premire models. But they are not the same. Oh and premire has some a 1 or 2 different models than premire. And no i do not consider the 8600 or 9600 to be high. They are very nice but not adiophile material.

p.s. sorry for the misspelled words.

then what is???

nak is high end

denon

alpine has some very high end stuff

Eclipse

Sony had some high end stuff

clarion also had some high end stuff

MacIntosh

RF I think has some high end stuff or use to.

oh and like i said premier has some like the DEX-P9

nak is high end denon

alpine has some very high end stuff

Eclipse

Sony had some high end stuff

clarion also had some high end stuff

MacIntosh

RF I think has some high end stuff or use to.

oh and like i said premier has some like the DEX-P9

lol, sony is more high end then pioneer?

lol, sony is more high end then pioneer?
Notice he said had.....the old school C90 and accompanying processor (4000x I believe) are great units (72db/oct crossover on the sub channel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ), as were the old ES amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.