Pre-Made ported box ?

I'm not an expert on boxes but these boxes from an Ebay store have a 1" MDF, doubles baffles and internal bracing. Their boxes are made to manufacturer specs and they make boxes for most big name popular subs from RF to Kicker to RE to JL and many many more. Check them out.
eBay My World - fatbox.usa
These look like nice boxes, and appear to built to manufacturer specs, not just size but tuning as well.

If you have a GOOD shop close to you, you'd probably get the same thing cheaper, I get my stuff done free but I think my local shop of choice would build a 2x15 of equal quality for about the same price as they are selling the 1x15 boxes, and they do pro-design as well with the software etc. There are folks here that will do some really nice designs for you if you are iffy on the shops ability to design the box, all your shop would have to do is cut it and put it together, which honestly is that big a deal. I'm clumsy as hell with that sort of thing and I've helped my buddy and the owners at my local shop of choice build many, many sealed, bandpass, and ported boxes and I've never screwed anything up. Hell I've done fiberglassing with them and it came out fine. I personally wouldn't dive into it on my own though... insecure and clumsy.

If you have a CRAPPY shop close to you, you might wind up with something far worse than these boxes, even if you provide them with a perfect design. I've seen it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.