Powerline CS finally installed

Mine are on the way. I can't wait. I am trying not to let my expectations get too high, but from all the praise on here it is hard not to.

Congrats on your new speakers.

how much did it cost u for all this deadening??!

nice equipment yo, these components doesnt stop to impress me just by the looks of it...do they play loud and clear down to 60hz? or is it better to be crossed at 80hz?

Wow..340 per side?! That's some serious power..glad you enjoy them. How are the vocals with these?

Yep, the gains are set right though and I dont turn it up to the point of distortion. Im sure they will hold up just fine. Vocals are great, the more time I play them the better it sounds (still breaking in)

That's a freakin lot of deadening.
Why the hell not. 1 time deal and its over.

Wow, you are insane. But in a good way! Nice work, must have taken forever to do all that deadening.
After all this I kind of feel the same way, I dont want to mess with the car any more after this. Thanks, & the deadening took honestly 4-5 months. Did it during any spare time I had at work. 10-20min here & there, every 4-5 days, ect.. Took a long time but after that I pretty much had enough.

Mine are on the way. I can't wait. I am trying not to let my expectations get too high, but from all the praise on here it is hard not to.
Congrats on your new speakers.

I doubt you'll be disappointed.

how much did it cost u for all this deadening??!nice equipment yo, these components doesnt stop to impress me just by the looks of it...do they play loud and clear down to 60hz? or is it better to be crossed at 80hz?
Deadening was over 600. Thanks & the comps play loud and clear down below 60hx. More like down to 40hz.

Hitman now that you have the rainbow powerlne cs's installed for a few months, how do you like them. Also the pics are not appearing when I click your links. I just bought a pair of these speakers (due to arrive any day now), and I am interested in the best placement in my vehicle to get the best imaging and soundstaging. I am going to also deaden my doors to get better midbass.

Hitman now that you have the rainbow powerlne cs's installed for a few months, how do you like them. Also the pics are not appearing when I click your links. I just bought a pair of these speakers (due to arrive any day now), and I am interested in the best placement in my vehicle to get the best imaging and soundstaging. I am going to also deaden my doors to get better midbass.
Still love em.

I think I have too much power going to them and I would be able to turn it up even louder if it wasnt for the 330+ rms going per channel. The midbass's are fine, but the tweeter protect lights (in the crossovers) gets glowing pretty bright during some vocals, guitar solos, ect.

Thats when I turn it down. That is also the reason I say its too much power. An active setup would work much better for this setup IMO. I dont think these tweeters need much more then 100/rms.

The best placment varies from vechicle to vehicle so I dont know what location would work best for your car. Good to know you're at least considering that though. Best of luck with it. The pics were on a server that held the pics for I think it was 45 days (give or take) so they're gone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Im sure I can dig them up from my home PC though.

lol 100 watts to tweeters try at most like 80............ jeeze i dont wanna no what 100 watts to tweeters sound like if gains set accurately to a rated 100

that be loudddddddddddddddd

Hitman, where did you place your speakers in your vehicle, most importantly the tweeter. I understand that this tweeter images extremely well off axis. If your tweeter placement is off axis. is this true?

lol 100 watts to tweeters try at most like 80............ jeeze i dont wanna no what 100 watts to tweeters sound like if gains set accurately to a rated 100
that be loudddddddddddddddd
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

True, in a way I wish I had a separate 2 channel for the tweeters , a set 4" mids and a 4 channel to power those two and the midbass, aka active.

It would be much be easier to tune, ect. As for a true 100/rms set to these tweeters. It would be painful to say the least. I wouldnt even want to attempt that.

Hitman, where did you place your speakers in your vehicle, most importantly the tweeter. I understand that this tweeter images extremely well off axis. If your tweeter placement is off axis. is this true?
Mine are mounted on-axis, they are faced towards the center of the car, at a slight upward angle. I would have done a complete on-axis if the doors didnt need further modifying the door panels to accomplish that.

I havnt heard a set mounted off-axis, so I really cant comment on how well it does mounted that way. I was always under the impression, soft dome tweeters are to be installed on-axis (facing you) and hard dome (metal dome) tweeters are to be mounted off-axis (reflecting off the windshield)

How much did you pay for them?
Thats something Don can answer more accurately for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

About double what the germs cost, give or take.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.