Powering a JL 12W6V2

Iosias
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Right now im running my JLw6V2 at 8 ohms on a Solid Audio F11D, Its receiving around 200rms.

I was wondering if it the JL could handle being run at at 2 ohms for 760rms abouts? From what ive ready its been usually mixed advice and opinion so far on whether it would be wise to.

600WRMS is their suggested max (warranty), but if you gain down and send it clean power it should take 750.

Especially if you have appreciable rise around the main freq's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

My experience says that for most people, usually, overpowering subs doesn't really gain much, especially for daily or music. Actual power levels...
The 750 will give you better control at higher volumes as you won't be reaching clipping as soon..
When you say power on for a limited time, do you mean power after the vehicle has been shut off or just turning on the radio and it plays for a...
Yes, the power wires' colors don't match from the dash to the new harness. However, I tested them and the wire I'm treating as the constant 12v is...
I would pull the amp and bench test it with power and ground wires. If it still doesn't power up, its probably shot. My next step would be to...

About this thread

Iosias

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Iosias
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date