Powering 3000rms in a tiburon

Btw, it looks like your stock battery is probably a group 124R.
You might be able to cram in a larger one, though, if Hyundai mounted it in your Tiburon similarly to how they did in my car. I'd be glad to elaborate if you'd like.
Awesome man I appreciate it! If I cant fit a bigger one, would there be any point in upgrading to a different 124r?

Also is generally the lower the group number does that also mean bigger the size or no?

Probably, if you can find an AGM 124R.

What I had to do was measure the LxWxH of my stock battery, test the max additional height with hood still closing by placing blocks of wood on top of my stock battery until it wouldn't close. Add that to my stock battery height and account for terminals.

Then I looked at how my stock electrical was connected. I determined that the negative could extend to reach a taller battery, but the positive couldn't.

So, I connected the stock positive ring to some 4 awg via a crimped lug and a small brass nut and bolt. Wrapped the annoying stock plastic cover in electrical tape with the new 4 awg coming out.

Then I took out the stock bracket that held the battery in, and held the new one down with a rubber tie down strap. Solid as hell.

You can see the black plastic stock terminal cover just to the left of the battery.

Probably, if you can find an AGM 124R.
What I had to do was measure the LxWxH of my stock battery, test the max additional height with hood still closing by placing blocks of wood on top of my stock battery until it wouldn't close. Add that to my stock battery height and account for terminals.

Then I looked at how my stock electrical was connected. I determined that the negative could extend to reach a taller battery, but the positive couldn't.

So, I connected the stock positive ring to some 4 awg via a crimped lug and a small brass nut and bolt. Wrapped the annoying stock plastic cover in electrical tape with the new 4 awg coming out.

Then I took out the stock bracket that held the battery in, and held the new one down with a rubber tie down strap. Solid as hell.

You can see the black plastic stock terminal cover just to the left of the battery.
Cool thanks a lot man that really helps

Just so you know, that'll be a bitch to change the alternator in. A friend of mine had a Tiburon and the alternator was on the side of the engine in the middle of some stuff
Some stuff? just random stuff you don't need huh? Lol I got a good laugh out of this one..

Some stuff? just random stuff you don't need huh? Lol I got a good laugh out of this one..
Basically it the location of it ***** balls. I looked at the alt on my old gf because I was thinking about buying it. The alt was a deal breaker.

Anybody replaced the alt in a Tiburon before? I'm wondering where to buy one, seems like high output alternators are hard to find for Tiburon's.

Anybody replaced the alt in a Tiburon before? I'm wondering where to buy one, seems like high output alternators are hard to find for Tiburon's.
2.0 is a breeze from my understanding its the same as in my Elantra. You literally just remove the oil filter and remove it from the bottom. DC Power and Singer both make one, but I'd swing with Singer because he has more options. I currently went with the 240amp so I can charge at idle, but I believe he offers a 300 and 320amp as well. The V6 was the one that was kind of sketchy IIRC.

2.0 is a breeze from my understanding its the same as in my Elantra. You literally just remove the oil filter and remove it from the bottom. DC Power and Singer both make one, but I'd swing with Singer because he has more options. I currently went with the 240amp so I can charge at idle, but I believe he offers a 300 and 320amp as well. The V6 was the one that was kind of sketchy IIRC.
Holy motherfucking ****, lol

I requested a quote from singer, hopefully it's a lot cheaper

Holy motherfucking ****, lol

I requested a quote from singer, hopefully it's a lot cheaper
My Singer 370 was $900 after the new regulator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.