JL Audio Hd 750/1 Amp Powering JL W6.

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
I currently have the JL Audio 12w6 powered by the JL Audio JX 500/1 Amp. If I were to switch to an JL HD 750/1 Amp, Would I feel the difference in output? I know 500 watts to 750 is not much but since The HD amp is higher end and built with better quality, I suppose that takes in effect.

I would not waste the money for a 250 watt increase, even if the driver was able to handled it.. Double it to 1000 and you will see a little improvement but you might also blow your sub. I believe it is rated for 600 watts RMS, no? Add another 12W6 and use the same amp, now you're gonna feel and hear a difference!

I would look into a 1k or 1500 rms amp to run a little easier and maybe even a little cooler depending on where the amplifier is located. as stated, another sub will make a considerable amount of difference. You may even consider in looking at an enclosure rebuild and different tuning to get more out of your sub rather than buying more power?

I currently have the JL Audio 12w6 powered by the JL Audio JX 500/1 Amp. If I were to switch to an JL HD 750/1 Amp, Would I feel the difference in output? I know 500 watts to 750 is not much but since The HD amp is higher end and built with better quality, I suppose that takes in effect.
Are you getting an awesome deal on the amp? If yes, go for it. You can sell the 500 to recouperate some cash. I have the HD750/1 and it is an awesome amp buuut, on some songs it was not enough to move the sealed 12w7 (80s jams). So I switched in the Slash1200/1 and the power difference was everything. All songs sound great regardless of how anemic the bass is on the original recordings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...