Powering 12w7 in HO Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

pandalee

I've been powering a 12w7 in the JL Audio "High Output" box with a JL HD 750/1 amp for like the last six months. I then added the HD 600/4 for my mids.

I believe I need to challenge the 12w7 more and I'm thinking of powering it more with the HD 1200/1 amp. Do you all think it's a good idea?

Where would be a good place to buy (amazon has the HD 1200/1 amp for like $780)? I wish I could find a place to trade in my 750/1 for some credit towards the purchase!

Let me know if anyone has any deals. Thanks.

nah id stick with the 750, that should be perfect. I use to have a 500/1 runnin mine and i loved it. Ive been runnin a zx 1000.1 (should be doing around 750 @ 3) and i actually liked the sound better with my 500/1. if your under warranty and you damage it due to a 1200/1 they could void it. The shop i got mine from wouldnt void it but ya never know. If you get a 1200 and tune it good you might be ok. My buddy had a pair of the 12's with a 1000/1 running each one and he never had any problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.