Powered Sub Installation help, 2018 Elantra SEL

Participant count
  • Participant list

Marc (NJ)

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

Hoping I can get some assistance. The car is leased and I want to add a powered sub, Rockford P300-12 for more bass. . I have no problem routing the power wire through the firewall to batt, which is easy to remove after 3yrs. My dilemma is obtaining signal. The box accepts high or low level. Obviously the stock head unit doesn't support low level outputs. So, I would have go high level and tap into the speakers.

That's where my dilemma is....there are no speakers on the rear deck (of course not, that would be too easy) so the next spot would be the rear doors. Don't really want to pull the door panels in fear of breaking/damaging something, plus running wires through the boot to the box is a ***** I'm sure. Can someone shed some advice on possible options? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

in this case, the best bet is likely at the factory head unit or the factory amplifier (if external).  find that and then obtain a pin-out schematic of the outputs (should be available from an online service manual - which may have a fee for a day or two of access).  ideally, you'd just pull back insulation and solder to intercept the signal (instead of cutting anything). 

Thanks for the reply. Since it's for a sub, do I only need to tap into one speaker line + & -, or a left and an a right speaker? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.