Powerbass 4XL 8" high pass cossover point

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
As the title says im interested to see where you guys would cross the Powerbass 4XL 8". It says the frequency response is 90-5khz. I have it crossed with a low pass 12db crossover at 2500hz, so I just want to know the optimal way to set my high pass for them.

I have a 12db/octave slope on both my HU and amp, both have full range option. I have tried multiple settings and looking for input.

Thanks.

I ran 4xl 6.5's for years in my daily. Kinda depends upon power level, but I did 125Hz/12db for them for a while, then upped the power and did 160Hz/12db

Why aren't you letting the 8's play up any higher???

I ran 4xl 6.5's for years in my daily. Kinda depends upon power level, but I did 125Hz/12db for them for a while, then upped the power and did 160Hz/12db
Why aren't you letting the 8's play up any higher???
I was told that these 8's would have breakup because of the 2" coil and should set the low pass lower. I have 6.5's and silk dome morels too, they blend pretty well.. minimal EQing needed when changing genres.

What tweets? Are you running dedicated midbass woofers as well?
See how 100hz sounds to you.
I have 6.5's in the rear doors that reach lower, and I had 8" midbass in the rear upper deck above the subs but sealed off from them. With the subs hooked up, the midbass 8's were pretty much useless, so I don't have them hooked up atm.

I have been running the powerbass 8's high passed at 80hz or 100hz on the head unit depending on genre and have the high pass on the amp either on full or at very low hz, just to have the cutoff harder down in those hz. Whats your opinion on this?.. is it better to run full range or have the high pass on the amp increase the slope down low?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
Bwap
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from