PowerBass 3XL-152D

thats a decent woofer, but ifs thats what you paid for it you coulda done alot better.. either way if your happy in the end then thats what matters..

Follow the owners manual to a T and you will love this sub. Break it in like they recommend, Build the box to the specs they recommend, as they recommend (bracing, etc). Power it with a clean, solid 1000 watts and it will get down on the lows and do very good work for you. If you want a strictly spl set-up, call powerbass cs and tell them what you have and what you want to do with it. CS can get you in contact with a couple of guys that use them in comps that will answer your questions and will recommend spl box dimensions.

http://www.powerbassusa.com/sites/powerbassusa.com/files/3XL_Woofer_Manual%20v2_0.pdf

My trunk cant fit a 4.5cu.ft box so i have to go with 3.5cubes @ 32hz, other than that i got it all set. Audiopipe APSM-1500 is the amp.

Box is 3.25 cubes @ 32hz

323150_408757289176038_774518182_o.jpg

This thing LOVES lows, but its highs are meh. Its still breaking in and ive already noticed a bit of improvement.

I'd also like to mention my amp, the AudioPipe APSM-1500 is pushing this thing rated 1000W RMS very good. The audio shop that installed this wouldnt think that little amp would push the sub a lot. Wired down to 1ohms (1.3ohms box rise) its being pushed hard.

Why would you buy something then ask about it?
Wanted to see how you guys thought about my purchase. If i didnt buy it beforehand i would just keep shopping in circles.

So far, even in a smaller box, this 3xl turns lots of heads and RIPS the lows. My backseat belts slam off the backseats and my entire interior roof moves. All this on a tiny audiopipe apsm-1500

I also would like to mention you can tell this isnt a little wally world or best buy sub, its legit.

Im going to get it termlab'd on the 15th at a local competition.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date