Power wire to amp getting hot. Ideas?

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Would doubling getting a double 1/0 input and doubling up my ground and power help? Or could it be the fact that my ground goes all the way to my start battery be causing this? My power n ground off the amp are less than 18" from my double 100aH batteries, then I ran the to my start battery. Someone at an audio store was trying to sell me two $44 double 1/0 connectors. But I know I can get them cheaper. And they said double up on my powers to my amp and then run one ground to the batteries and one to the frame. Would this work.

Loose connection.
Ok I'll go threw em all... Yea I kinda thought it was strange because it only gets hot after fuse not before it. I need to get wire ferules because I don't like just sticking the wire in and crushing it down... The ones the sent me we're too big to fit the terminals. But I'll just have to order some. Thx I'll let you know if redo'ing the connections fix it.

Typically means too small of power wire, and if the wire is true 1/0 and not something smaller. And yes doubling up your 1/0 wire will help voltage flow.

there's no reason why one 2000w amp would ever get a 1/0 cable hot

Typically means too small of power wire, and if the wire is true 1/0 and not something smaller. And yes doubling up your 1/0 wire will help voltage flow.
christ man.. just stop.. voltage flow?

electrons are carriers for current. ampeage is the amount of "current" that flows through electrons. higher voltage lower the resistance pathway and speed of the current transfer.

in other words high voltage is useless without current which creates the EMF field and current without enough voltage causes alt of HEAT and poor transfer between electrons..

think about it like bandwidth and transfer rate.

My Electricity shop teacher in HIGH SCHOOL would have whacked you on the head for saying that!!

Current THROUGH, voltage ACROSS!!

"Ya big dummy!!" ;=)

John Kuthe...

Which is 2590 something, I was so close. But it’s the amperage that’s the actual factor, not the wattage, got it
yea/ voltage isn't a huge deal as it depends on how MANY electrons can carry the current. that being said low voltage is much more susceptible to losses over resistance. lighting doesn't kill you most times because of the high voltage. AKA very little current passes which creates the heat trough the resistor aka your ***

yeah, loose/corroded connection/s most likely. BUT, doubling up on your pos/neg wire will help with current transfer ....
i convinced my last girl that two is better than one. she put the ***** in and i smashed her till she couldn't walk. never see her so happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.