Power Wire Opinions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
So I am going to install an IA 10.1 and a 4 channel (unsure which one) in my wife’s 4Runner. I already have plenty of 4 gauge from a smaller build I did. The IA will be mounted in the hatch area and the 4 channel will likely be under the passenger seat. Would y’all run a distro block by the battery that is 1/0 in and 2 4 gauge out and run one to each amp or would you run 1/0 to a distro by the passenger seat the 4 gauge to each?

Personally, I would fuse the 1/0 wire near the battery and Run it to a distribution block, as near to the components as possible. Then run the appropriate gauge from the block required by the component.

So I am going to install an IA 10.1 and a 4 channel (unsure which one) in my wife’s 4Runner. I already have plenty of 4 gauge from a smaller build I did. The IA will be mounted in the hatch area and the 4 channel will likely be under the passenger seat. Would y’all run a distro block by the battery that is 1/0 in and 2 4 gauge out and run one to each amp or would you run 1/0 to a distro by the passenger seat the 4 gauge to each?
1/0 to the distribution block, then split as close to the components as possible. It makes for easier wire management and a cleaner build.

Only issue is that I’m going to have a hard time fitting that distro block under the rear seat. I’ll have to take a look with the amp I choose to see how much space I have. Unless I mount the 4 channel by the mono and just run longer speaker runs

The IA 10.1 is only 1200w. You'll be fine with a 5-10' run of 4 gauge if needed. Just use OFC and not CCA.

Use a fused distribution block.

The IA 10.1 is only 1200w. You'll be fine with a 5-10' run of 4 gauge if needed. Just use OFC and not CCA.

Use a fused distribution block.
Yeah it’ll be a fused distro block. Where is the best place to buy 1/0 flex wire online? I know welding wire is the best value but which vendor online?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.