Power Wire Expansion

Participant count
  • Participant list

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
Background:

About four or five years ago I installed a pair of American Bass XD-10s wired to two ohms, powered by a Precision Power BK 1300.1D wired up with 4G Knu Koncepts. Relatively soon after installing, my enclosure slid across my trunk and the amp was ripped off of its mounts (two broke, the others were bent and about to break). Since then I left the amp propped against the enclosure, though it would still fall now and then. The stupidity of this solution finally caught up to me when the amp fell over last week and blew, filling my car with smoke. I'm currently researching replacements vs. buying a new amp, but I'm taking my time and securing the amp properly this time.

My Question:

I'm planning on securing the new amp to the top of my enclosure with enough slack in the cables to protect against any sliding (I chained up the box to cargo ties, but it still slides 1-3 inches now and then), but I trimmed my power wire too short in the initial install to accomplish this. Would it cause any problems to add in a second fuse at the end of the existing cable so I can add an extra foot or so to connect to the new amp and free up a little slack? 

tl;dr: Can I add a second fuse to my power cable to connect another foot to free up slack for my amp and install it in a different location?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.