Power for Speakers to Cargo Trailer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Keatonds

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys -

I have almost zero knowledge when it comes to electrical wiring and have utilized my father & YouTube for the speaker help. I currently have a cargo trailer that's been semi-converted into a tailgating trailer. Currently, we run everything off of a car audio battery that we charge before going to the game. At 25-30 volume we get about 2-3 hours of music.

Being in a parking lot there are no means for electricity other than what we bring ourselves. I'm looking for suggestions or advice on how to get power to the trailer or have some type of set up to run the audio system for the full 4 hours or so that we tailgate. We just got a generator this past offseason and have a maintainer that we can put on the battery when it's in use that will end up working.. but if we aren't running crockpots or a TV or anything then the generator wouldn't be needed. What we have currently works but was curious what other people have done for their toy haulers or anything like that.

Again, I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge on electric/speaker is very low so please don't judge lol.

Have you looked into lithium batteries?
I'm not sure what exactly your running but it can't be that much if your able to run it for 2-3 hours.
Even a small one would probably extend that time.

If your just looking for music while your tailgating then any portable stereo will do it
We have one of those job site ones that we bring to soccer practice and you can hear it from quite a distance away
It lasts for a few hours, has bluetooth in it so ... just a thought
I was thinking about the last time I went tailgating.
The Buffalo Bills were still a good team so how long ago was that

I'm not sure what exactly your running but it can't be that much if your able to run it for 2-3 hours.

If your just looking for music while your tailgating then any portable stereo will do it
We have one of those job site ones that we bring to soccer practice and you can hear it from quite a distance away
Buffalo has had a good team for several years now, before that it was the mid 90's

I'm talking about the mid 90's
We had seasons tickets to the Bills for that whole failed superbowl attempt/s
Was even in Tampa For super bowl 25 when Scott Norwood kicked it wide right.

We currently run a 10” subwoofer with four car speakers. I’ve got just a small battery made for additional audio support in cars. I could probably just upgrade the battery and be fine. We’ve got about 10 that tailgate every home game and don’t like when our neighbors are louder than us 😂

Fair enough
I suggest looking into lithium then but do some research on what suits your needs
They are more expensive but smaller and last way longer
Plus most of them charge really quickly and you can use 110 volts to do it so if your generator could be spared for 15-20 mins you're good to go again.
Not all of them charge at that rate though but I have been doing a lot of research and some of the smaller ones do
If your interested in them then maybe someone who has first hand knowledge of them can give a little more insight into which brand/ model/ power rating

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.