Power Acoustic 30-Farad Capacitor?

a capcel is like a battery bro. When I sell my setup im going to be running an 18" Fi BTL with a saz-3000d. I'll be getting two C&D Tech batteries, pretty much the same as the kinetik 2400's. I just want the cap cause its cheap and will keep some power off my alt. I don't want to buy a new alt for $500
lol where do u think that power comes from?

exactly

yea the best bang for your buck buy it.
no it doesn't help any bang...

For 90$, I don't think its a bad deal. Sure looks a little fruity with the chrome and all, but nothing a little paint job cant fix.
facepalm

I'd totally buy it
poor life choice

yea buy it not a bad price and everyone will say go buy a 200+ battery. u dont have that kind of money bro and u read the review the othere guy said it helps with low bass and your lights wont dim as much. sounds good to me .
becouse capacitors are for voltage help, doesnt put amperage to your amp, and amp needs amperage to put out powa!

Just bought one! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
sucker

Buy 4 of them.. :p JK
This works much better

Battery_9V.jpg
would do about the same.

a capcel is like a battery bro. When I sell my setup im going to be running an 18" Fi BTL with a saz-3000d. I'll be getting two C&D Tech batteries, pretty much the same as the kinetik 2400's. I just want the cap cause its cheap and will keep some power off my alt. I don't want to buy a new alt for $500
good idea

poor idea, you will anyhow....

all the caps going to do is slow down your draw, restrict power and do nothing to help feed your amp, do capacitors have much or any amperage reserve, hell no, and do any of u highly edumacated individuals know the discharge rate on a capacitor? obviously not, they discharge very rapidly, and still take longer than a battery to charge. biggest waste of money around.

/ thread

Pioneer just pretty much owned everything, including me, so guess the cap is out of the question now lol. Any idea on the average cost of installing an alternator is? it was a pain in the *** to do it myself in my outback, so if its cheap ill just have a shop do it.

Pioneer just pretty much owned everything, including me, so guess the cap is out of the question now lol. Any idea on the average cost of installing an alternator is? it was a pain in the *** to do it myself in my outback, so if its cheap ill just have a shop do it.
alright, so now you know caps are essentially useless. get upgraded alt and more batteries for 3k and tune it right and you'll be set.

IMO contact Mechman for your alt.

yea, I know im going to have to do the big 3 as well right? it seems pretty complicated since Ill be using 2 seperate batts in the back for the sub. I'll try to figure it out though. The cheapest DC one for my car is $400 for the 180 amp one, but I think it would be best for a 230 one which is $540. Mechman doesn't have one for my year, but ill give them a call later on. I'll also call ohio tomorrow.

I don't understand though lol. How does my alt come into place when the sub will be powered by 2 batts?
Well where do you think your batteries are charged? The rate at which they charge needs to be the same at which they are discharged otherwise you will end up with dead batteries sooner or later.

Batteries store power, not make it.

Some basic physics knowledge is really in order for everyone who posts anything about capacitors online. They actually can help with regulating a power supply a little bit, but the alternator is the most important thing. If you're not producing enough power, add a thousand farad capacitor and 20 batteries you'll still kill all the batteries. Once you have sufficient power from your alternator add batteries, and you can use capacitors if you really know what you're doing and want to make sure your lights don't dim even a tiny bit.

Capacitors are only useful when you already have enough batteries and high-power alternator to support your system. The capacitor will act as a voltage stabilizer to the system, remember it is still a load on your electrical.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.