Possible use of Panjo for Classified Ads?

Seems something that may be more useful to power a section for forum vendors to me.

My thought is that as folks have said, sales go fine here apart from people not following the rules and a few scammers from time to time and it's not like Panjo would fix that.

Also much of the dealing that goes on in the classifieds is WTB, Trade, and there's other wheeling and dealing... offers, counter-offers, price drops, etc. .etc. Some of the vendors who have a lot of stock and are non negotiable on pricing may find it handy, but even then, I doubt it since they're probably too busy to learn a new system.

What this site really needs is a half dozen active moderators IMO.

From Panjo's site:

I am by no means saying to completely abandon the service. It seems like a great concept, and could possibly help some people out. I think it would be an even better service if you could cross sale your product to other forums at the same time, not just Panjo. Say, SSA Forum, AVSforum, audioforum, Diyma, etc, etc.

This would give the seller power to control when and where the content shows up. But it would also give Ca.com a chance to "partner" with other forums for more exposure and a chance for other forum members to find Ca.com and our members to find those forums. Now THAT would get the Google money clicks sky high.

I was counting, and over the last year, 15 (plus or minus a couple, I am human,lol) people have had a bad experience through Ca.com classifieds. Only 2 have yet to be resolved. One who gifted a paypal transaction (which will probably be given back after Paypal reads the messages of the seller asking to circumvent paypal fees), and are just waiting on a decision.

The other on the other hand is $1800 stolen by a reputable vendor here at Ca.com. I am not sure how that will work out, and I don't know much about it. But needless to say, I believe people who use the Itrader feedback system, and post their experiences on ca.com, don't have many problems.

BTW, I like the idea of new things, new ideas, and new and better ways of doing things. Panjo could actually be an asset to Ca.com that we never knew we needed. I can't see how it could hurt to try. But then again, I am sexy as hell and have sold my body for money on several occasions, and I never needed Panjo for that, but if they could help me get more touch, then I would have the money for more condoms. Always wrap it up guys

From Panjo's site:

I am by no means saying to completely abandon the service. It seems like a great concept, and could possibly help some people out. I think it would be an even better service if you could cross sale your product to other forums at the same time, not just Panjo. Say, SSA Forum, AVSforum, audioforum, Diyma, etc, etc.

This would give the seller power to control when and where the content shows up. But it would also give Ca.com a chance to "partner" with other forums for more exposure and a chance for other forum members to find Ca.com and our members to find those forums. Now THAT would get the Google money clicks sky high.

I was counting, and over the last year, 15 (plus or minus a couple, I am human,lol) people have had a bad experience through Ca.com classifieds. Only 2 have yet to be resolved. One who gifted a paypal transaction (which will probably be given back after Paypal reads the messages of the seller asking to circumvent paypal fees), and are just waiting on a decision.

The other on the other hand is $1800 stolen by a reputable vendor here at Ca.com. I am not sure how that will work out, and I don't know much about it. But needless to say, I believe people who use the Itrader feedback system, and post their experiences on ca.com, don't have many problems.

BTW, I like the idea of new things, new ideas, and new and better ways of doing things. Panjo could actually be an asset to Ca.com that we never knew we needed. I can't see how it could hurt to try. But then again, I am sexy as hell and have sold my body for money on several occasions, and I never needed Panjo for that, but if they could help me get more touch, then I would have the money for more condoms. Always wrap it up guys
That's really the whole purpose of Panjo. To connect enthusiast site;s classifieds into one, to expand reach and make listing items easier. The CEO is going to respond to the fees question. I was told it was free to use, except for the normal PayPal fees that you would pay if a sale happens, the same as it always works.

2qcfq6f.png

BTW, I will reiterate, I am not against this at all. It's just not a lot of information available from Panjo, and I seem to be inferring costs that don't exist, because the information is so scattered, and contradictory, I don't mean to do that.

But truthfully, how many forum owners would allow a conversation about the day to day operations? I think it's pretty cool. Thanks Goob.

I just hope sellers don't decide to sale another way when they find out they have to sign up on an external site, just to sale on Ca.com.

Maybe developing apps for mobile and tablets would be more beneficial to members than adding complexity to selling. I absolutely hate using ca.com on my tablet. I hate it bad.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for new and better products, as with most electronics, growing with the times is necessary in order to stay competitive. But unfortunately none of your comments answered any of my questions. The fee is actually 7% for Panjo's sellers, plus the paypal fee.
That is the fee structure if you list your item for sale on Panjo.com. That is not the fee structure for a Panjo-powered marketplace within a forum. There are no Panjo fees for a marketplace within a forum. The only fees are any fees implemented by the forum owner and standard PayPal payment processing fees.

The new list fee for items through Panjo will be 7% roughly. Plus Paypal's 3%.... But from what I get form the site, is Panjo allows lazy (or busy) people to have their posts bumped without having to do it yourself, and you pay a fee for the bump.
Good news: Nope and nope. :) Per the post above, those are fees for individuals using Panjo.com, not the Panjo plugin with in a forum.

I am not quite sure where you got the idea of an auto bump, but that isn't part of the service.

My thought is that as folks have said, sales go fine here apart from people not following the rules and a few scammers from time to time and it's not like Panjo would fix that.
Thanks for your comments. Panjo does a lot to block scammers and help enforce rules. Panjo puts sellers through an identity verification step. That easy step (logging in via PayPal) helps eliminate nearly all scammers. On a customer service front, Panjo has full buyer and seller records and can quickly resolve service or dispute issues that arise.

Thanks for commenting, as i know people will have questions, and having a good open channel for answers is always a good thing!

This is coming. Panjo has a public alpha of its mobile app out now. Very shortly, you will be able to create a listing from mobile and have it show up here.
I can appreciate this, as much as anyone would like to admit, easier functionality can be smiled upon in most instances, but I was actually referring to the actual CA.com website, not Panjo this time, lol. Trying to access CA.com on a tablet or smart phone can be tedious and often more than not, the wrong button will be pushed on the smaller screens.

We are working on this!
Just this function itself could benefit some of the higher volume sellers, and of course with the vendors on this site! I will be the first to hope that doing so would not void contracts with Google and being associated with sites which may not be as accepting of Google ads.

Good news: Nope and nope. :) Per the post above, those are fees for individuals using Panjo.com, not the Panjo plugin with in a forum.
I am not quite sure where you got the idea of an auto bump, but that isn't part of the service.
I wasn't quite sure of the pay structure, and of course, just like most things in life, products and services aren't inherently free. Those comments were me grasping the concept of free advertising, free hosting, and free to use. I saw free increased exposure, free featured ad at the top of the page and just assumed you set the bump frequency and let Panjo take care of things, I apologize if my thoughts were incorrect. As this was just me learning about an unknown system.

That is the fee structure if you list your item for sale on Panjo.com. That is not the fee structure for a Panjo-powered marketplace within a forum. There are no Panjo fees for a marketplace within a forum. The only fees are any fees implemented by the forum owner and standard PayPal payment processing fees.
As this is good to know, and I am glad you are able to clear this up for me and any other members. Having the ability to advertise for free and have free featured ads and free sustained exposure will really help out the members here with higher sales, and even help the average seller like me, who may only sale a couple times a year.

And another plus is having the fraud protection and guarantee of Panjo against all loses (just as Paypal provides) is just the icing on the cake!

I hope I can help with anything you would need, as i am a pretty regular member here on Ca.com.

Just for smiles, here are a couple subwoofers

Thanks for your comments. Panjo does a lot to block scammers and help enforce rules. Panjo puts sellers through an identity verification step. That easy step (logging in via PayPal) helps eliminate nearly all scammers. On a customer service front, Panjo has full buyer and seller records and can quickly resolve service or dispute issues that arise.
We don't all use scamming arse PP... I say no I am not signing up for an external company just to buy and sell and neither will many others...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.