Forum mobile app?

Should we implement an optional mobile app?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

administrator
Administrator

Little man on campus
I remember asking this a good while back, but it didn't receive that warm of a welcome in putting it to use here, since there are shortcomings to using a mobile app. But I realize times have changed and everyone (60% or so) uses their phone to browse the forum these days.

Right off the top of my head, a couple good options come to mind. Forumrunner and Tapatalk. They would make it much easier for those of you on devices to view the forums, however, I've noticed most of the apps lack in some areas in comparison to viewing the forums from a desktop, such as missing buttons, or features that come in handy sometimes.

At this point, does anyone have any input on putting one of these to use here?

I actually searched the app store a week ago looking for a forum app. I would absolutely love to have one, i've started to use my phone to browse the forums a lot more lately.

Out of all my degrees, the one I put under my right arm keeps me the driest. And that is the arm I use for clicking apps. So I believe you got a good thing going Goob.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I actually searched the app store a week ago looking for a forum app. I would absolutely love to have one, i've started to use my phone to browse the forums a lot more lately.
It's mostly down to Tapatalk or Forumrunner for the mainstream, bells and whistles ones right now.

How about a basic mobile theme to browse and an option to revert to the "desktop version" to reach any missing features?
That is also possible, as that would probably be the easiest option, but lacking more features than an actual app that you would have on the regular desktop version. But you can change back and forth.

Decisions...

Decided to go with Tapatalk. Working on getting it rolled out right now. It works on most devices and is by far the most widely used of the forum apps. It may take a little time to get everything working correctly, but bear with us.

Decided to go with Tapatalk. Working on getting it rolled out right now. It works on most devices and is by far the most widely used of the forum apps. It may take a little time to get everything working correctly, but bear with us.
Shoutsout. Been hoping we would go a route like this for a while now.

The messiah is real.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...