possible situation (dropped_mazda, slicknick)

unless apparently its been changed (correct me if im wrong nick)
That is his "old" number supposedly. His new number is (701) 899-1114.

and i would have just sent the money to dropped or whatever someone suggested but he doesnt have a valid paypal apparently....and to make matters worse my dad (im 22 still in school etc. so he handles my finances) just saw a -$410 in paypal....shittttttt
Have you explained the situation to your dad?

and heres his addy:
Billy Madson

502 17th ave N

wahpeton ND 58075
Is it madIson or just madson?

It didn't come today but I spoke with my mail man again and he said that if dropped sent it first class (3-5 days) like he assumed his partner's wife did, then it would have been here by now. THIS means that he must have sent it 3rd class which means it could be anywhere from a week to two weeks give or take, to receive it meaning anytime from today to roughly next Tuesday. This also means there shouldn't be a tracking number. I will continue to be at the mailbox waiting for the mail man each day until it arrives.

I JUST got off the phone with Billy (dropped) as I was writing this post and I explained to him that I havent received the package. I asked if he had gotten into contact with his partner's wife and he said he will contact them after 6 tonight to find out if they've had any luck and will contact me afterwards. If all else fails, he said he is off from work tomorrow and said he will drive the 3 hours to what I'm assuming is the location from where they sent it to find out any information. He then said something to the effect of, "I am starting to get upset that it hasn't gotten there and I'm sure you two are too." I said laughing, "yeah just a little." As to his not answering my calls, he told me his new phone was broken and they gave him a lender phone so he hasn't got any of his numbers. He also said he shares his 1200 talking minutes with 4 other people (including to teenagers) so he said texting him is the best way to get into contact with him.

As to whether or not he is giving us the run arounds and lying to us or if he is telling the truth, I am NOT sure. I cannot and WILL not say either way. I can only HOPE he is being honest and that I will receive it shortly. That is all I have for now.

yes ive explained the situation, but he doesnt care, he knows as well as i do that the product or money needs to come out of Billys pocket, not mine. On the 11th the claim will be escalated by paypal, and i will have lost out on my xbox 360 and 410 dollars....fantastic!

and his last name is Madson, not Madison

I JUST received the text from Billy (I didn't even have to text him) and he said "still no answer im gonna drive there in morn cal me around noon." I will call him at noon tomorrow.

An option that you and I have is to escalate the claim and if you tell them to rule in my favor, we can settle the whole thing once the flip-up gets here. Obviously, either way, you are still temporarily out of money BUT if you and I talk to Paypal, tell them to rule in my favor, and I receive the money back, I will MOST DEFINITELY resend you a payment in the amount of $408 as SOON as I receive the unit. I will try calling paypal shortly to see if there's a way to rule in my favor that WON'T negatively affect your standing. In other words, is there a way to rule in my favor but not close your account and make it to where you can never use paypal again.

It's certainly not the BEST idea but it's an option. I'm sure you would definitely be apprehensive about doing something like that but you have my word, that I will promptly send you the full amount as soon as it is received. I will even give you ALL OF MY information (name, address, email, both phone numbers, etc.) which I don't ever do to strangers to make you more at ease. What do you think?

SlickNick, why don't you have dropped also find out what form of shipment was used, and who the carrier is? Surely the person who shipped it must remember. If they don't, then something is fishy.

IMHO, tracking numbers should be provided the SAME day as it is shipped. I understand not all the time that it can't be provided within a few minutes of shipping because there are other things to do, but there is no reason as to why tracking numbers should not get received later that day.

I think it is best for ANY seller to do this.

SlickNick, why don't you have dropped also find out what form of shipment was used, and who the carrier is? Surely the person who shipped it must remember. If they don't, then something is fishy.
IMHO, tracking numbers should be provided the SAME day as it is shipped. I understand not all the time that it can't be provided within a few minutes of shipping because there are other things to do, but there is no reason as to why tracking numbers should not get received later that day.

I think it is best for ANY seller to do this.
I CERTAINLY agree that it should be top priority, getting the tracking numbers asap to the buyers. However, as I was pointing out earlier, there won't be a tracking number if his partner sent the package 3rd class mail via USPS. He KNOWS it was sent USPS but as I stated in the last post, dropped will be driving to the post office to find out exactly how it was shipped.

USPS ONLY provides tracking numbers on items that are sent with Delivery confirmation or some other type of first class shipment method so if he finds out tomorrow that it was shipped 3rd class, there will be no such number. Make sense?

Not saying anything yet.

maybe not on slicknick, but this seems like a bunch of bs.

More so on dropped_mazda end.

WTF is up with dropped_mazda partner's wife shipping the product?

Over 3 hours away???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

dvrmstrng, that would not be wise as of right now, to tell paypal to close it and have them rule in favor of slicknick.

just my opinion.

Not saying anything yet.maybe not on slicknick, but this seems like a bunch of bs.

More so on dropped_mazda end.

WTF is up with dropped_mazda partner's wife shipping the product?

Over 3 hours away???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

dvrmstrng, that would not be wise as of right now, to tell paypal to close it and have them rule in favor of slicknick.

just my opinion.
Dropped told me that his partner was sending off the unit NOT the wife but that the wife was looking for the tracking/confirmation number. I was confused about the whole 3 hours away thing but Billy said he was going there in the morning to figure out where it was or whatever.

I see why it wouldn't necessarily be wise for him to tell them to rule in my favor and I completely understand ANY reluctance in doing so. I would feel the same way.

I JUST got off the phone with a guy with Paypal and I asked him, "If ya'll were to rule in my favor, with the exception of taking the $408 out of his account, would it negatively affect his paypal account in any way? In other words, would ya'll close his paypal account, make it to where he would never be able to use paypal again, or otherwise put any sort of bad mark on his paypal account?" The guys said, "No. We would not close his account or negatively affect his account with us in any way. If he were to have NUMEROUS claims opened against him, then MAYBE. But with just this one claim, it would not negatively affect him."

I then asked him, "if you were to rule in my favor and I received the money back AND received the flip up at a later date, would I be able to send a NEW payment in the amount of $408 to David?" He said "Yes.

I also asked him, "suppose the dispute is escalated to a claim and during that process, I receive the flip-up, would we be able to cancel the claim?" He said, "absolutely and the money would be re-deposited into David's account."

So basically, as long as I receive my flip-up, regardless of what happens with the dispute, David WILL get his money from me. Whether that be through the current dispute, the escaleted claim, or through a NEW payment once it is ruled in my favor directly from me.

Yeah I get what you're saying Nick, just stating to find out exactly what method of shipping was used.
Yeah, dropped is going to figure out exactly which method of shipping was used tomorrow but it was for sure, sent USPS. Hopefully, when he DOES go tomorrow, with the limited information he may have, he can figure out when, where, and how it was sent. I will be DEFINITELY keeping everyone posted and up to date with details.

I see why it wouldn't necessarily be wise for him to tell them to rule in my favor and I completely understand ANY reluctance in doing so. I would feel the same way.

I JUST got off the phone with a guy with Paypal and I asked him, "If ya'll were to rule in my favor, with the exception of taking the $408 out of his account, would it negatively affect his paypal account in any way?

That statement there is ********.

He has already taken the money out of his paypal account.

you filed a dispute which, if paypal rules in your favor, that will put his paypal account in the negative. At which time he is responsible to bring his paypal account out of the negative standing.

Paypal will try to pull funds from his bank account. But he can stop that from happening.

Now if he never withdrew the money from his paypal account then that payment will just be placed on hold until the dispute/claim is resolved.

if the claim is ruled in your favor, then you will be refunded 100%

But if he withdrew the money and they still rule in your favor you wont receive anything.

you will get an email stating that they were unable to recover funds from his account.

Paypal forgets to tell you everything and how it really works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dvrmstrng

5,000+ posts
dvrmstrng
DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views