possible situation (dropped_mazda, slicknick)

according to dropped and nick......item is on its way to nick, with absolute latest receive date of monday

Glad to see this is working out. Hopefully he isn't screwing around. But let this be a lesson learned. Never make a 3 way deal or make a deal for something you don't have in your possession because it seem's to only cause problem's.

(look at his username SLICKnick, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif)Are you 100% sure there not trying to scam you?

dropped_mazda has some good refs/feedback.

So?

But why didnt dropped_mazda send the flipout to slicknick? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
I am called SlickNick because that was my nickname since I was a toddler. My older sister's friends called me that and it has stuck with me. This is my first time buying ANYTHING off of here and was skeptical from the begginning BUT dropped DOES have good feedback and when I first talked to him on the phone, he really seems like a good guy.

which slicknick is it?There's 2 usernames by slicknick

First is slicknick and the second is slick-nick

This slicknick is trying to buy something for the avhp7500dvd unit....Sounds like he already has the 7500dvd

(i know dropped_mazda had the avhp7500dvd for sale/trade)

Here's the link

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371000
I am SlickNick. YES I was looking for an AVIC-80 navi setup for the flip up because they are VERY hard to come by.

neither has came and posted there side...
David informed me he was going to be opening a scammer thread on dropped and I told him I would offer my two cents but I never found this thread in the scammer beware folder. I just happened to come across this one so this is why I am just now posting.

and maybe he was just trying to buy an accessory or something for a unit he never received
That's EXACTLY what I was doing. My friend wanted to buy me something for Christmas so I suggest he buy me the navi kit. That's why I began looking for one on here for sale or trade.

Since neither has posted I will be brief...
If slick is indeed getting the shaft by not receiving the unit, he has no choice but to file the claim. It ***** so bad that you are getting the shaft in the process, but you did a major no-no. You put YOUR money on the line on someone elses word. You have no control over him.

That said, somethings fishy and you are getting screwed.
I must be quite honest, I myself felt for the first few weeks that they (dropped and david) might be plotting against me. I HATE that it came to this and quite honestly hope that I recieve it VERY soon so all this will end.

except i put no money on the line...if i had just removed the money from paypal the instant i received it, this would be done with, but i left it in there for future transactions...

UPDATE: according to dropped he received the flipout BACK at his residence today and it will be shipped out today along with a tracking number for shipping, he has also contacted slick and told him the same
I've talked with my mail man and it hasn't come yet. He suggested getting a tracking number from dropped. OF COURSE, as David noted, Dropped assured he and I that it would be RESENT and a tracking number would be given. Of course dropped has his "business partner" send it off and when i called him about the tracking number, he said "my partner's wife is looking for it now." That was several days ago. Here's a copy of the PM I sent to dropped just a few minutes ago.

"You told me to call you if I didn't receive the flip up saturday. I called, no answer, no returned phone call. I figured, it should be here NO LATER than Monday if you sent it 3-5 day mail. I talked with my mail man on saturday and told him to be looking out for it. Today comes, I talk to him, no package. I call BOTH numbers. One rang with no voicemail and the new one went straight to voicemail (with no voicemail capabilities). My mail man said get a tracking number from you. Has your partner's wife been looking for it? Have you reminded her? Asked? I need it. My car is torn apart waiting on the flip-up. I need you to call me on my cell phone (901) 218-4096 as SOON as you get this message. No more excuses. It has been almost a month since I sent payment. I just need to talk to you...i don't want to play phone tag. I don't wanna just get a message here, a message there. I want lines of communication to be open on ALL THREE ENDS."

Of course he hasn't logged on since 12/30/08 which was last...tuesday? I think?

I can see why people might think I'm plotting against you david because of my name but i am a VERY good, Christian guy that could never steal from anybody. It's just not in my nature. It's stupid, doesn't make sense, and is just wrong. Hook me up with ALL the information that you have on him. Also, post it up on here and maybe lilmaniac can help us find another phone number for him (like maybe a house phone) that he never gave either one of us. I've tried PMing lilmaniac twice but still no response. He might just get too many PMs that he never noticed.

I can't tell you HOW MUCH this whole situation is stressing me out. It has had me ill-tempered for almost a month now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif I just hope it all ends well.

P.S. As I told David, I will stay home to wait for the mail man EVERY DAY until it comes EVEN IF that means being late for work. I will do whatever it takes to close that claim AS SOON AS I RECEIVE IT, not just to protect any future feedback (although I probably won't need it as I don't plan on risking all of this again) but to help David on a personal level. I don't give a D#$% if BOTH of them leave me bad feedback I just hope I get my flip-up and all that was to come with it and David gets his money back. It's beyond ANY feedback at this point.

this whole fiasco would have been resolved if the money was sent to dropped instead of you. then all dropped had to do was pay you for the 360.

i would have never gone into some 3rd party crap like that.

hope you get your claim resolved man.

and i would have just sent the money to dropped or whatever someone suggested but he doesnt have a valid paypal apparently....and to make matters worse my dad (im 22 still in school etc. so he handles my finances) just saw a -$410 in paypal....shittttttt

Never ever do a three party deal. I did it once for some dumb reason and it was a fukn snafu. Its hard enough to find one trustworthy person to do a deal with, looking for two is pushing your luck.

if this paypal claim goes through....i will literally be broke...and have to close my bank account...which blows pretty bad...you guys will see some great stuff in the classifieds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dvrmstrng

5,000+ posts
dvrmstrng
DE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views