Possible One Sub Disconnected?

Participant count
  • Participant list

anger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
After a short drive today, I felt like I was missing some power n thump that used to be there.

So I've got 4 8ohm subs wired in parallel for a 2ohm final impedance. My DMM is reading an impedance of 3ohm at the box terminal. I'm wondering if this is normal before I open up the box....again.

I found this diagram ( http://m.seimg.net/product/img/subwoofer_wiring/3_subs_SVC_8_ohm_mono.jpg ) which makes me think one of the subs got disconnected or isn't working, because 3 of my subs wired in parallel would have an impedance of 2.7ohm (close to what my DMM is reading).

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The dead sub should be moving differently then the others. Play different notes and watch how they behave, one is bound to be the culprit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.