Possible Ebay Scammer gleason996

Yes, I just got that message earlier and I agree it's stand up. Though let me recap. From the beginning, the whole paypal thing got me concerned especially since there was no reason for the "unclaimed" money. Having understood this was for your son's and not yours makes more sense. Since you had an old email address attached to your paypal account, I can understand the reason for the "unclaimed" money. At first , it didn't make sense as even Paypal said there was no reason it should show unclaimed if I used the ebay "Pay Now" tab as it attaches directly to the seller's paypal account. I also emailed my phone number and didn't get any calls. Again raising red flags. Then I got the package and the amp is missing the endcap which was never mentioned. Even though the picture in the ad clearly shows a complete amp. I then realize the picture on the ebay ad was a stock photo (i.e. taken from the internet) and not the actual amp. Yes, I got concerned. I'm not a detective but all of those things I found a little odd. I think it's a fair deduction. However, after Bryan emailed me the explanation earlier today I accepted the situation and did not request a refund as I felt he was honest and sincere. I planned on updated this thread a couple hours ago but was too busy surfing the web. In any case, the amp works, and I mounted it high enough on a seat back so no one will see the open side of the amp. SO BRYAN I NO LONGER BELIEVE YOU ARE A POTENTIAL SCAMMER. My apologies Bryan you seem like a decent person. Here is a bro hug!

just kinda weird that if his son used his ebay address , shouldn't the person incharge of the account have received notification of the funds being available . I highly doubt he had no knowledge of the item being set up this way . How else would he have even used his account to begin with . but as long as everything worked out and the item works end caps really aren't vital to the amp work. but if the photo shows them and you really need them , you could have asked for a partial refund to cover the cost of buying some new ones

HiThis is gleason996, sorry to hear you think i am a scammer. I do apologize for the misunderstanding and would be pleased to refund your money including the return postage. I would like to explain what happened. The amp was listed by my son on my Ebay account, guess that was my first mistake. It was given to him a few years ago by a college friend, he never used it needed some money for a Colorado ski trip (were he is right now leaving me to pick up the pieces). Believe he did use stock photo and not actual photo of amp, second mistake. In his defense he knows nothing about audio equipment and don't think he realized his mistake. Payment problem caused by old email address on my Ebay account. I have sold about 100 things on Ebay over 8 years or so and this is first time there has been an issue. Moral of story don't let your son use your Ebay account without double checking what he did. Sorry for the comedy of errors.

My Apologies

Bryan
Dat story hit me right in the feels.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

just kinda weird that if his son used his ebay address , shouldn't the person incharge of the account have received notification of the funds being available . I highly doubt he had no knowledge of the item being set up this way . How else would he have even used his account to begin with . but as long as everything worked out and the item works end caps really aren't vital to the amp work. but if the photo shows them and you really need them , you could have asked for a partial refund to cover the cost of buying some new ones
Actually I think that's fair, the part shipped from Alpine is $17.51 with shipping. Bryan (gleason996) would you refund that amount?

Here is the final update. Gleason996 refunded the $17.51 for the end cap. I think that's pretty standup as not everyone would do this. I think this was a good transaction and that he is a decent guy for taking care of the issue. Thank you for everyone with the advice. And thank you to the member who contacted Gleason996 and told him about this thread. Small world indeed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mr b

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mr b
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies