Possible Ebay Scammer gleason996

mr b
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I won an auction from member gleason996 an Alpine MRP-M500 Car Amplifier Item # 290834811430.

I even paid for it immediately through Paypal Transaction ID #89045982YH9405510 to his email bglea@earthlink.net that was connected to the Ebay auction.

A day later he emails me, "Thanks for buying the amp. Looks like you have submitted payment through PayPal but it has not yet cleared. As soon as it clears i will ship amp and send you tracking number." I emailed him that "Unclaimed" means that he has not accepted payment or he has an invalid email address. Remember, when you hit pay through paypal on ebay the payment goes through the email address the seller has entered. I verified all of this with Paypal.

My instinct tells me this donkey didn't like that he didn't get as much money as he was expecting from the auction and is using this to null the sale.

Any thoughts?

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for paypal funds to go through,especially during a holiday/Sunday sale,,have to wait till funds clear after 1 full business day,sometimes 2..If the guy doesnt ship out within the time frame of dispute days..File claim..ppal will begin the process,but read the procedures for the dispute,before filing

I will definitely be patient, however it was the Paypal rep who confirmed the funds have no hold or issue, but that the receiver is not "Claiming" the money. They said that there is no issue on the transfer. They were the ones who implied the stalling/fraud technique as it has been used before.

After repeated emails, it arrived yesterday. But missing the end piece. I will be testing it today. Very annoyed as the auction showed a complete amp. No mention of anything missing. Should I even bother trying to contact the seller?

After repeated emails, it arrived yesterday. But missing the end piece. I will be testing it today. Very annoyed as the auction showed a complete amp. No mention of anything missing. Should I even bother trying to contact the seller?
I didnt see any end caps in the pics on e-bay.Did you ask the seller about it?

I didnt see any end caps in the pics on e-bay.Did you ask the seller about it?
I just verified, if you look at the picture, it has both endcaps on the amp. He only has one picture shown. I think he used a stock photo and not one of the actual amp. Its only $70 with shipping so Im just going to chalk it up to experience.

I just verified, if you look at the picture, it has both endcaps on the amp. He only has one picture shown. I think he used a stock photo and not one of the actual amp. Its only $70 with shipping so Im just going to chalk it up to experience.
Happens sometimes.

Hi

This is gleason996, sorry to hear you think i am a scammer. I do apologize for the misunderstanding and would be pleased to refund your money including the return postage. I would like to explain what happened. The amp was listed by my son on my Ebay account, guess that was my first mistake. It was given to him a few years ago by a college friend, he never used it needed some money for a Colorado ski trip (were he is right now leaving me to pick up the pieces). Believe he did use stock photo and not actual photo of amp, second mistake. In his defense he knows nothing about audio equipment and don't think he realized his mistake. Payment problem caused by old email address on my Ebay account. I have sold about 100 things on Ebay over 8 years or so and this is first time there has been an issue. Moral of story don't let your son use your Ebay account without double checking what he did. Sorry for the comedy of errors.

My Apologies

Bryan

HiThis is gleason996, sorry to hear you think i am a scammer. I do apologize for the misunderstanding and would be pleased to refund your money including the return postage. I would like to explain what happened. The amp was listed by my son on my Ebay account, guess that was my first mistake. It was given to him a few years ago by a college friend, he never used it needed some money for a Colorado ski trip (were he is right now leaving me to pick up the pieces). Believe he did use stock photo and not actual photo of amp, second mistake. In his defense he knows nothing about audio equipment and don't think he realized his mistake. Payment problem caused by old email address on my Ebay account. I have sold about 100 things on Ebay over 8 years or so and this is first time there has been an issue. Moral of story don't let your son use your Ebay account without double checking what he did. Sorry for the comedy of errors.

My Apologies

Bryan
Seems pretty respectable to me.

I wouldn't consider myself getting scammed if all I was missing was an endcap anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mr b

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mr b
Los Angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies