Possible blown 13W7 ?

You can test a sub free-air with a cordless drill battery. If it moves and it doesn't scrape, it's good.

What you're probably hearing is your home receiver falling on its face when tasked with running a reactive load like the W7. Some amps just can't hang and don't have the current capabilities to run something like that woofer. What happens here is that the signal gets all screwy and causes the sub to make some really strange noises. This is different from straight up clipping/overdrive and will not sound the same.

To complicate matters even more; a poorly sealed box or improperly engineered vented box can exhibit the same symptoms.

Onkyo Integra's are only rated down to 4ohm... also.. I have never seen one with a sub out other than low voltage RCA.... so... could you be giving it a full range signal?.. would make sense that it sounds terrible and scratches..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.