Ports

Participant count
  • Participant list

badboyzx2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I did some box calculations and all that stuff, and I need a 3 inch diameter port that is 4 inches long. My question is what do I use for the ports. It seems pointless to buy a port tube for a dollar, and then pay 7 buck for shipping. All the shops around here ****, so does anybody know where to get them sheap?

well with pvc ur suppose to glue a flared lip port into the pvc. if i were u just only needing 4 inches in length just buy one. it would save u the hassle. thats just me. i put pvc pipe in my box and it works but it took alot of work.

I have seen a lot of people just leave it stick out of the box 1/4-1/2", and paint it black, the hole needs to be cut very close to the correct size (it should take some work to get the pvc into the hole...then add some silicon and your set. you dont need to have those flaired ends....you always have the option to stop being a cheap ass and pay 10 bucks to get them shipped to you! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I like being a cheap ass. Haven't paid shipping on anything yet for my setup. I don't mind paying shipping except for when I have to pay more for shipping than the actual thing costs. Different question though, if I have a 4 inch long port, and 3/4 in mdf, does that have to be 4 inches total length, or do i need to make the port 4.3/4 inches?

if I have a 4 inch long port, and 3/4 in mdf, does that have to be 4 inches total length, or do i need to make the port 4.3/4 inches?
just 4 inches. cut the pvc into a 4 inch piece and silocone it in. you should just buy one with a flared end and it will look alot better and will be easier to install too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.