porting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cthulhu1

Hello. I am pretty new to the audio world and just finished building my first box for 2 sa-15 d2s. The volume is about 7.035128 ft^3. I need to port it and have decided on doing aeroports because space is limited( this is going in the back of a 1999 Toyota Tacoma extended cab) but have run into some confusing data when trying to find the port length. I'm using 2" diameter PVC but I can buy bigger if I need to. Tuning is at 35hz (recommended off of sundowns website) but I'd also like to make interchangeable ports to change tuning. When I plug all the data into online calculators, they give me around 1" in length. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys!

thats right because your using 2 INCH ports... thats a port for a single 8" sub man you need atleast a 6" port maybe even (2) 6" ports

id maybe even go with a ingle 10" port made out of soon tube

Hello. I am pretty new to the audio world and just finished building my first box for 2 sa-15 d2s. The volume is about 7.035128 ft^3. I need to port it and have decided on doing aeroports because space is limited( this is going in the back of a 1999 Toyota Tacoma extended cab) but have run into some confusing data when trying to find the port length. I'm using 2" diameter PVC but I can buy bigger if I need to. Tuning is at 35hz (recommended off of sundowns website) but I'd also like to make interchangeable ports to change tuning. When I plug all the data into online calculators, they give me around 1" in length. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys!
Insanely under on port area. Are you at 7 net?

You need much bigger pipe, unless you want 20 tubes sticking out of your box
hey put some darts or spit balls in each of those tubes and drive around bumping heavy bass shooting at people LMAO!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Cthulhu1

Cthulhu1
North Carolina
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CSCStang