ported box price

shop around and get best prices. for around where i live that is about normal price, unless of course you know the owner and can talk them down a bit. try building it yourself or have someone you know build you one.

I have seen custom boxes sell for alot more. Around here the range is $300-550 installed depending on the equitpment.

build your own box man, everyone on here will help you, sum of us are pro's sum rookies but you'd save alot of money doing it yourself

i built my own box just last week, came out great, pounds like crazy, i coulda bought one for $60 but i spent $25 on supplies instead and built it myself, the woods cheap i just needed glue and a few screws

theres a box building sticky in the enclosure design section. check it out and build, you'll have alot of fun and save A ton of money
than you all.

i have decided to build it my self. if i get to any trouble ill ask for your help.

remeber me . i will post pict of my finished bow next weak. i have all ready bought the material and a buddy of mines is going to help me build it tomarrow

thanks again

Yeah dude...good luck. I **** at woodwork, and about 2 months ago, I built my first box. I used the boxbuilder program on reaudio.com, and it gives you the cut sheet and everything. Well, anyway...it came out GREAT! It pounds like a mofo! I spent $450 on my last box from a custom shop, and now I'm kicking myself for ever doubting my skills. Plus...the satisfaction of saying that I did my entire install INCLUDING the box is the best part. Take your time and you'll be glad that you did it. lol!, my $.02!

on a ported box is their away to eliminate the noise the port makes.the guy said it can but i forgot.
as long as its bigger than about 2 inches wide you shouldnt have the port noise problem.

a wwhhiillee ago when i built my first box, it came out pretty much a perfect trapezoid. many boxes ago..you learn as you do it.

its a blast also. grab a few beers and invite some friends over

as long as its bigger than about 2 inches wide you shouldnt have the port noise problem.
a wwhhiillee ago when i built my first box, it came out pretty much a perfect trapezoid. many boxes ago..you learn as you do it.

its a blast also. grab a few beers and invite some friends over
im sorry but that statement will not hold true in every case.

You need to have the appropriate port area so you do not have port noise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.