Ported Box for 15" TC-2000

Participant count
  • Participant list

monsterman
10+ year member

Hello,

I am looking for a relatively small ported box for my 15" TC-2000 single 4ohm woofer. I drive a 2002 Grand Cherokee. My needs are a lightweight box that I can move out of my truck when I need the space. (Fisher Customs makes lightweight boxes). I am a huge guy and can easily lift 200lbs but it needs to be

I really like the sound of a good ported JLW6. Listen exclusively to heavy rock, rap and techno.

Budget $200-300 to the door, need someone to help me either find a used one with appropriate tuning and size or box recomendation to give a company to create one for me.

Thank you for the help everyone.

Specs for 15" TC-2000 + link to web page.

TC Sounds (TC-2000)

Single

Fs - 18hz

Re - 3.19

Qms - 4.26

Qes - .35

Sd - 854cm2 ?

Vas - 267l

Xmax - 28mm

Le - 2.45

Pe - 700w

4 cube is minimum you'll want to put that in or you lose a lot of low end extension and it'll get peaky. 4 3" round ports is adequate to avoid port noise but I suspect you'd get a bit more output with more or slotted.

If I were building for a 2K in my jeep I'd do something like 20X26X20 . You could shave down a side if you wanted to keep it below the line of the back seat.

With a single driver you can fire the port back and the woofer into the passanger side wall (the way it curves if the sub is centered and towards the hatch it won't rub or hit anything) From my testing it's as good as sub up port back. Do keep a few inches between the ports and any walls.

Tuning to 27 will allow the 2K to play down to 18-20hz with authority at the expense of 50hz area. I'd only reccomend that sort of low tuning if you're watching movies or listening to pipe organ music or screwed and chopped stuff. For a better variety of listening I'd suggest tuning around 33. Too much higher and it'll get real peaky and you'll lose too much output down low where this sub really shines.

One project I tried with the 2K was to have 4 3" ports with a screw in cap for one. In 4 cube net box 4 3" ports of 15" tunes to 33hz and 3 3" ports of the same length tunes to 27. Even with one plugged up I didn't run into port noise and it dug just a little deeper for sound FX in movies.

You will definitely want to brace the inside of the box or you'll have real problems.

*edit* I've been using 15" 2K for the last couple years so this is one I've actually done a lot of testing with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.