Ported-Bigger!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigBoomer
10+ year member

Aka: Sgt. Slam
Maypearl, Tx
My dad( The family idiot ) thinks that ported is not bigger...

I want to have a ported box made for my mtxTunder6000 12's.

PORTED IS BIGGER

he says "Just drill holes in the box you aredy have" (seald)

So my Q is>

How sould i break it to him that he really is the family idiot?

Originally posted by Jmac Oh, so you've got a hella, hella small box then (I'm assuming I helped calculate/design a box for you by the quote ... or else you lie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

I don't think you can port a box that small ...
Im sure you could but the port would have to be mounted outside the box instead inside and it would have to be long as hell to achieve a low tuning frequency.

Originally posted by Jmac Oh, so you've got a hella, hella small box then (I'm assuming I helped calculate/design a box for you by the quote ... or else you lie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

I don't think you can port a box that small ...
Yea, its pretty small.

You helped me cauculate it.

I had nothing to do with the bulding, my friend and his two friends biult it for his 2 12's

then he got bigger 12's (more depth) they didnt fit good and the box was too small

(he got the kicker compvr's)

it barely fits in my Ranger (look in my pic. gallery) its only like 7" depth, a whopping 30" wide and 17" tall 2 chambers, divided at 15" wide, and i think 3/4" partical board.

do you sugjest i go down to the local shop and have a custom box built?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.