port question

Participant count
  • Participant list

BASSBOY
10+ year member

Beware Of The BBB
hi, i am building a box for a single 12" sub and it ls gonna be ported. i was wonderin if i could build the vent around inside the box, like people get those snake ports, i wanted to do this so i could achieve a better frequency tuning cause sometimes it calls for a port that is just too long, i was wonderin if it would affect it if i put some 90 degree turns in the port to achieve the proper length. will this work, has anyone done it?

thanks

DAN

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'm trying to do 4 18 inch resilient sound platinums in a cpillar flat wall .4 to 5 cubes per was told they like 12 to 16 inches per cube . I have...
Personally I'd likely go slot ported with the low tuned side of the box and aero on the high tuned side. 6th orders are just big by design
Yep. Point A. The last 3/4 of an inch on the exit end of the port won’t count in the displacement though. Take 3/4 off your length. You also have...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

BASSBOY

10+ year member
Beware Of The BBB
BASSBOY
Alix, Alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date