Port Length Calculator question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

mebcop
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
New York
I'm trying to calculate my port length need for my box....

When I use the port length calculator, I am entering that I need two 4" ports, in a 2.4ft3 box tuned to like 35 Hz, and it tells me I need a port length of 20.11".....

Do they mean I need two 4" ports that are 20.11" EACH or two 4" ports that total a length of 20.11" (10.55" each)?????

you are gonna have to tune that box higher like 48- 50 hz or build it with 1/2 internal 1/2 external ports

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...

About this thread

mebcop

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mebcop
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date