Port Direction

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slaymon
10+ year member

I need new audio eqiup
Just wonderin what would be the best way to face the ports... I was thinkin towards the back of the car but would facin them up through the rear deck make it louder? Would the sq go down from this? Good or bad things for shootin them up through the rear deck would be helpful.

It very much depends on the car and what kind of bass you like. The best way for me is to have a sealed box and I shift that baby around in all odd angles till I find what I like best (mine happens to be the sub tilting 45 degrees towards the front with the port facing up).

It might be an easier task to find knowledgable people who drive the same car as you, so that you can get a fair idea of things.

USUALLY, hatchbacks work best when the sub and port faces the back, but for SUV's (like snova), he prefers everything to point to the roof. I found sealed boxes in my minivan worked better when it's pointed to the front.

Well I drive a '96 Chevy Lumina. Don't know many people with subs in a Lumina. (It's usually an old mans car.) So I don't know how they would position theirs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.