port design

Participant count
  • Participant list
you either have to use a port that is less than the depth of the enclosure (which probably won't work since it's so shallow) or get a flexible port. i've said it before and i'll say it again: porting wedge shaped boxes through any face but the top is a huge pain in the ass and should be avoided at all costs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...

About this thread

blitz25

10+ year member
preacher man
blitz25
round rock texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date