• Sealed

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

twinkieC405
10+ year member

((d(-_-)b))
I have a set of dual voice coil 4ohm 10" Alpine Type-R's and dont know weather to put them in a ported or sealed box. I basically only listen to rap, i want good SQ and i want it to be loud as possible....i'm running it with a JBL 600.1 mono amp.

i need major help deciding!

ive heard the type rs are made for sealed, ive listened to both sealed/ported type r 12s and i personally like how the sealed sounded, although mtie have jus been cause they were in 3 diff vehicles (2 ported setups and 1 sealed, i liked the sealed best outta all 3)

Well if you really only listen to rap, ported may actually sound better. A lot of those deep bass notes in rap songs really come to life ported. I don't think you will have any issues going ported unless you don't hvae the space. If you think it sounds like ****, its either your box is tuned high, or you are really an SQ guy and just don't know it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Then go sealed.

i had a 12 type-r a while ago and first had it in a large sealed box that sounded awsome. They hit low and got relativly loud. I then decided to try a ported box and the ouput was greatly increased while sq suffered a little. I had mine tuned to right around 34 hz so if you go with 30 hz it should sound a little better while still retaining output. Like what was said before if you only listen to rap then ported will probably be your better choice, but if you listen to alot of other stuff then maybe a larger sealed box is your best bet. It all depends on your preference.

i currently have a pair of 10" type r's (Dual 4 Ohm) in a .66 sealed enclosure powered by a Hifonics BX1500D amp. Sound qualityis great and loudness is ok. loud enough to set off car alarms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...