Porsche 996 Aftermarket Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eggbanjo

CarAudio.com Newbie
London
Hi all,

I am looking at replacing the old Porsche double-din head unit in my 2001 996 turbo with an aftermarket single-din head unit which gives Bluetooth convenience. There are 6 oem speakers in the car, and a Harman 49134 amp.

The head unit I have in mind is a 4-channel Continental unit TR7412UB-OR, which looks oem and presumably has a built in amp. Its max output is 41w. I think the speakers in the car are higher rated.

The question I have is (apologies it’s a bit noddy, but I am a novice here), can I connect the head unit successfully to the amp with an adapter (CT53-PO01), and even though the HU is 4 channel, will the amp still power the 6 speakers?

Thanks for any advice here.

can I connect the head unit successfully to the amp with an adapter (CT53-PO01), and even though the HU is 4 channel, will the amp still power the 6 speakers?
If the company made the adapter for your specific model, they would have taken into account the OEM amplifier and put in a sort of line output converter to level the signal. The radio's amp will not power the speakers, it will still be the OEM amp handling that task. So no worries, all six speakers will still be powered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...