Popping sound when I turn off the bass

justice
10+ year member

ok so I wired my amps remote turn on to the power antena wire and then I have a single bass RCA cable coming from the HU to the amp. When I turn the stario off I get a pop sound from the subs. Also when I turn off the bass on the HU I get the same popping sound. Turning off the bass does not turn off the amp obviously however the "Protect" light comes on on the amp wich meanns the amp wont work again untill I turn it off and back on. is it the pop that couses that "protect" light to come on? And if so how do I stop that from happeneing?

hmm, do u have a stock hu? if so, then it's "normal". it used to happen with my stock one, lke when u turn off/on ur hu, u 'll hear like a pop. store said is normal for hu, but who knows if u can trust stores when they recommend pyramid n pyle subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Hey...If I was you I would check my ground...I know that if you have a bad ground whenever that can cause popping when you turn off your system..I know it happens to me...i need to find a new ground...but im lazy so i wont...but thats what I would check

Hope it helps you

its caused by a slight power surge. I have no clue on how to REALLY fix it, but putting a switch for turning on your amps will do the trick, (as long as you turn them on after you start your car, and turn it off before you cut the engine/power for car...)

Holy crap people ever heard of a relay? This is a simple fix for your problem. Use the remote lead from the HU to trigger a relay that turns on the amp. I have all four of my amps set that way, to four separate relays. Relays cause a slight time-delay and can help with the initial surge. It creates a "soft-start", somthing very common in my industry on multiple large power sources, such as motors or pumps. I have two different types of relays in my system, long delay and short delay (Radio Shack should sell both). I put the higher power amps on the long delay and the lower power one on the short delay. It basically just triggers everything at a different time so there are no surges. I can't believe none of you guys have suggested this, it's like car stereo 101. Use a relay buddy, pops go bye bye. Switches work, but are cumbersome, relays are automatic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.