Popping sound when I turn off the bass

justice
10+ year member

ok so I wired my amps remote turn on to the power antena wire and then I have a single bass RCA cable coming from the HU to the amp. When I turn the stario off I get a pop sound from the subs. Also when I turn off the bass on the HU I get the same popping sound. Turning off the bass does not turn off the amp obviously however the "Protect" light comes on on the amp wich meanns the amp wont work again untill I turn it off and back on. is it the pop that couses that "protect" light to come on? And if so how do I stop that from happeneing?

Originally posted by smacktown ...on your h/u you have a remote turn on wire...
How do you know that? You don't even know what HU he has or how old it is? And besides, how will that help him? The output of a remote wire is pretty much the same as the power antenna wire. They only started including remote wires so you didn't have to hook up your amps and antenna to the same wire.

i dont know what he has but on my old pioneer i only had a power antenna lead and it would cut off when i took it off the radio.

so shut up and know yo role!

Originally posted by smacktown i dont know what he has but on my old pioneer i only had a power antenna lead and it would cut off when i took it off the radio.

so shut up and know yo role!
What the hell does that have to do with anything? All that does is prove my point exactly. I suggest you "know yo role!" and STFU.

Originally posted by DeKaL44 i feel like you have a lot of anger inside of you, go ahead and let it all out....in a different forum
Inside of who? Me or Smacktown? Not to sound childish, but he started it - about three posts back. I was just reacting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.