Popping Noise When Cold

Participant count
  • Participant list

sshin9953

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Kicker ZX1500.1 amp matted up to 2 12" Kicker CVX. When the weather starts to get cold, the sub-woofer pops randomly until the area the subs are in warms up. When its popping there's not bass coming out. This has happened for a while in multiple vehicles. Right now its hooked up using a line output converter on a 18 Malibu, was in a 2000 Ford Focus with a Pioneer double din headunit, and a 2001 Ford F-150. Im at a lost right now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

My experience with cold and subs here beyond the wall is that you must wait til your subs are COMPLETELY at the same temp as the car interior. Then you must let em cool down 10 min before turning the car off or they will make condensation inside the box. This why I take out most of my system for winter. Car audio gear are designed to withstand cold but condensation is unavoidable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.