• QSD216

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

bizza
10+ year member

Florida
Getting 150 rms on fully deadened doors....

If you could get them for the same amount of money, which one would you choose and why?? I've been leaning for the polks as they have beautiful tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Getting 150 rms on fully deadened doors....
If you could get them for the same amount of money, which one would you choose and why?? I've been leaning for the polks as they have beautiful tweets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
well it doesnt seem like many people care... but fyi I got the polks, hope they are ok...

Having dealt with both, listened to both set in sounds rooms as well as in identical vehicles I can tell you the polks are a landslide above the MB's and thats not taking anything away from them, still a great speaker but the polks are flat out amazing IMO.

Alot of people look at the comparison and think about names and how mb quart has been a well known high end component while Polk has been more of a good quality middle of the road component. The SR6500 take that comparison and throw it in the garbage. I bought mine in January of 06 and have loved every second of it and will be looking for another set to put in my other vehicle.

Having dealt with both, listened to both set in sounds rooms as well as in identical vehicles I can tell you the polks are a landslide above the MB's and thats not taking anything away from them, still a great speaker but the polks are flat out amazing IMO. Alot of people look at the comparison and think about names and how mb quart has been a well known high end component while Polk has been more of a good quality middle of the road component. The SR6500 take that comparison and throw it in the garbage. I bought mine in January of 06 and have loved every second of it and will be looking for another set to put in my other vehicle.
Thanks for the heads up!! You seem to be the right person to talk to as you've dealt directly with both setups!

What specifically did you like more about the Polks?

How is your system setup, and in what car if you dont mind me asking?

Polks just had a more defined sound too them IMO, comparing them to the qsd, k2p, and z6,

The runner up to me was the bostons. The only downfall to them I feel is the size of the crossover.

My system was an alpine dva9860, orion 6002 on the polks and numerous sub/sub amp combos in a 01 silverado crewcab with the mids in the door (sealed with dynamat) and then the tweets in the a pillar.

Recently changed the amp out to a db drive speed series 4 channel and somewhere in the tuning process smoked a tweeter so Im going to pull them and have them warrantied.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...