Polk Audio SR6500

atsaubrey
10+ year member

SQ is the real deal
CA
What is everyone's thought on these? I listened to them against the Boston, Focal, and JL's and they were incredible. The Boston's were close but the Polks were just so smooth with every thing. Thought I would ask before I buy a set.

Haven't heard them in person yet.

They are the highest reviewed set of components EVER by CA&E... even higher than the Alpine F#1 Status...

One thing I will say, is I bet they DO sound amazing.

They use a modified Vifa XT25 Ring-dome radiator tweeters, and a high excursion Neo mid w/ a phase plug. VERY similar to what I have in my truck setup as active right now, but at a FRACTION of the price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

All I have to say is the tweeter is AMAZING, absolutely TITS. I love it.

nG

I also heard the Polks against the Z6's and Focal 165K2P's. I prefered the Polks over both, personally.

If the were a little more attainable via the interent(less $$$) I would have picked up a pair. Instead I went with the Seas Lotus References:drool:

I am sure you would be pleased with them.

Interesting .....

I found them insanely smooth also , but wonder what they will do with VERY dynamic music at LOUD volume levels ? I decided to withold judgement until THAT proves itself to me.

Thinking about putting them in my wife's Z06 ....

What year Z does your wife have? As soon as I'm out of medical school I'm all over a Z06. I've been wanting one since 2000:) Also I don't think the polks would behave all that well with high volumes, just by they way they sound, but I could be wrong.

I have 2 pairs in my car if you wanna know about them give drop me a line my sn is apex isforlovers.

all i have to say here is these speakers are amazing all the way through.

i don't doubt it, I love polks home audio and this have the lsi series tweeter:)

Is there anywhere to pick them up online? I've only seen them at cardomain.

-Alpine 9835, 3-way Active

-RE Audio XXX6.5's

-Custom Vifa XT25 (From Ascendant)

-Kicker KX450.2 (Set to 205rms x 2 for mids)

-Kicker KX200.2 (Set to 40rms x 2 for tweets)

I have the mids HP @80hz with an 18dB/OCT slope, mids are lowpassed @1.2kHz with a 24dB/OCT slope. The Tweets are HP @1.6kHz with a 24dB/OCT slope.

I enjoy it.

nG

-Alpine 9835, 3-way Active-RE Audio XXX6.5's

-Custom Vifa XT25 (From Ascendant)

-Kicker KX450.2 (Set to 205rms x 2 for mids)

-Kicker KX200.2 (Set to 40rms x 2 for tweets)

I have the mids HP @80hz with an 18dB/OCT slope, mids are lowpassed @1.2kHz with a 24dB/OCT slope. The Tweets are HP @1.6kHz with a 24dB/OCT slope.

I enjoy it.

nG
My fiancee's cousin is getting married in Cinci sometime in the near future (thinking this weekend or next...can't remember off hand).

If, by chance, we do happen to attend (it's still up in the air, 4hr drive = teh sux0r), we need to get together.

As to the original question....I've read tons of glowing reviews about those Polk speakers. Haven't heard them personally yet....but most everybody who hears them seems to enjoy them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.