Polk Audio DXI vs Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 components and 6x9's

blazrgreg
10+ year member

150.1db
va beach
I've been out of the car audio scene for the last few year's so I'm looking for you're help. I'm looking to buy 6 1/2 components and 6x9's for my 02 acura cl. The only place to buy the speakers from is best buy because they have great financing offer's, I have a couple gift cards I want to use, and a coupon. I've been doing some research and comparing speakers. I've narrowed it down to polk audio dxi or infinity kappa. What's you're opinions on them? I'm open to suggestions to speakers that are similar. Let me know asap because I would like to buy this during black Friday thank you.

Neither will be significantly better than the other unless you amped them..
I will eventually but as of right now once I buy something they will be just running off the head unit. I should of mentioned which one would be better amped because that's what really matters.

DO NOT buy kappas. they are the worst sounding speaker ive ever heard. they sound like tin cans in tunnels.

the polk audio DXI is the better speaker.

and you should get your self a piggy bank. and do it right the first time. amp that **** brah

DO NOT buy kappas. they are the worst sounding speaker ive ever heard. they sound like tin cans in tunnels.
the polk audio DXI is the better speaker.

and you should get your self a piggy bank. and do it right the first time. amp that **** brah
Lol really on the kappas?

It's not that I don't have the money haha. I just rather wait and install everything at once I still need to build a box, buy subs, and buy amps. So for now until I have everything I'm going to just run them off the head unit. It's my daily driver so I can't have the car down too long. I'm also putting in new carpet and 03 door panels and rear quarter panels when I put everything else in.

The DXi series is supposed to be the new Polk DB line. I have the DB line and am very happy with them, both the 6.5 comps and 6.5 coax (DB6501 and DB651) are running on 50rms now and get quite loud. I just bought the DXi 6.5 coaxes to try out but haven't hooked them up yet.

Check out Cowboom.com and the best buy outlet store on ebay. Don't pay retail for anything at best buy, they are a ******g rip off! Here are some links for you. I just bought some stuff through both stores and the products were mint! they say used but I couldn't tell. Only one piece didn't have the original box but that doesn't matter to me.

CowBoom - Electronics > Car Speakers & Speaker Systems

Polk Audio DXI6500 6.5in Component Car Speakers - Pair - eBay (item 310272371829 end time Nov-26-10 07:07:41 PST)

the polk DB series is one of the best options for budget speakers. I sell alot of them, with great results.

Id sell you a pair of the DB6501 6.5 comps for 105+ shipping.

DXi is an option too, but the db's would be a better overall speaker.

I'm a fan of Polk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Hopefully Black Friday makes it an even better buy for you!

I thought the db line was old and the dxi is the new stuff that just came out recently? A guy posted earlier in this thread that dxi replaced the db line is that true?

I don't know if they are replacing the DB line, Polks forum seems to think they are between the DB and MM (Mobile Monitor) series. Another explanation I heard was that they created DXi as a best buy line. That seems entirely possible as you can find a ton of DXi stuff (and Polk PA amps) on Cowboom and the best buy outlet store for very cheap but not at crutchfield. The DB are still in stock everywhere so they don't look like they are discontinued. If you can spend just a little more take a look at the MM series, I'm thinking about making the upgrade. I understand the gift certificate issue with best buy but look around on the internet for deals, you could easily save more than cashing in your gift cards at a retail store. The DXi650 coaxial I mentioned before were $37 shipped, I've seen them for $22 since then. If you were to buy them brand new in the store they are $99. The used ones I bought look mint, can't even tell they were used, all the grilles and spacers/hardware are still in sealed plastic. as for quality, they look about on par with my DB coaxes but without putting them head to head that doesn't mean much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.