question about wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitelightnin
10+ year member

Michgan
i have a 1999 sonoma and got 2 dash speakers that rms at 100 watts each and 2 rear speakers that rms at 200 watts each, would i be safe if i just got a 2 channel amp that rms at 300 watts at both channels and then just wire the dash speakers to 1 channel and the rear speakers to the other channel? would i have to worry about it putting to much power to the dash speakers or not getting enough power to the rear speakers?

and if there is any problems what would you recommend about the amp?

or would i be able to wire 1 dash speaker and 1 rear speaker to 1 channel and then the other dash and rear speaker to the other channel to keep the watts even at both channels?

do you want the sound to come from behind you or in front?? Most people run amplified components up front and if anything stockish speakers for rear fill

Most people don't want their rear fill at the same volume level as the front stage. Chances are it would sound best if you used the head unit to power the rear speakers and used your amp to power your front speakers. Otherwise it would be tricky getting the sound dialed in trying to run 2 different types of speakers on a single 2-channel amp. Its usually best to wire your speakers in a way where you can adjust the power and EQ for each set of speakers to tailor the sound better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.