pole piece height difference??

when you build a sub (from what im told) you center the coil in the motor, regaurdless unless the pole piece matches the other very close, its going to change things... this is why i leave it up to the pros to do this ****...
I dont see how such a small difference in the height of the pole piece will change much... the gaps are the same the depth of the gap is the same as well... its just the dpth of the pole piece that is different... If I add a spacer to make them the exact same height they should be exactly the same then???

Just got off the phone with DD, they said that there will be no difference what so ever, they will have the same parameters. I guess this is fairly common for companies to do this...

there will be differences and if ur chasing # dont do it!

the 1 will be stronger and more xmax no joke.

please read more into how speakers in general work. if there was a diff in a extended pole wouldnt be too bad but ur talking a shorter height in the gap.

think about it this way run 1 50mm ww coil and the other a 42mm will you notice a diff?

there will be differences and if ur chasing # dont do it!
the 1 will be stronger and more xmax no joke.

please read more into how speakers in general work. if there was a diff in a extended pole wouldnt be too bad but ur talking a shorter height in the gap.

think about it this way run 1 50mm ww coil and the other a 42mm will you notice a diff?
then why does dd tell me that it is perfectly fine and nothing will change at all?

Is the pole seriously *shorter* than the top plate ?

You could have someone like Corey machine some steel pieces to extend the poles out and make them equal -- could be complicated for them to complement the pole flares as well on the back side.

I'd be reluctant to use those motors at all without a really long coil as you are just asking to set a coil on top of the pole with no extension / negative extension with a coil that can reach the end of the gap within suspension limits.

You could have someone like Corey machine some steel pieces to extend the poles out and make them equal -- could be complicated for them to complement the pole flares as well on the back side.

I'd be reluctant to use those motors at all without a really long coil as you are just asking to set a coil on top of the pole with no extension / negative extension with a coil that can reach the end of the gap within suspension limits.
longer coil would be better wouldnt it? more coil in the gap at a given period of time. or am I just screwed with these?

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

longer coil would be better wouldnt it? more coil in the gap at a given period of time. or am I just screwed with these?

Yeah sorry to say but they will not work together successfully and the shorter 1 you oughta just bust it up and use it as refrigerator magnets.

What do you mean DD??...He bought 2 Mmats motors, remember??....LOL..that sucks.
They are DD clones ... Same minus the extra cost cause DD rubbed there sacks on them before they shipped. OP I would send to Corey and see if anything can be done to get them somewhat close. Other option is to eat it and toss in closet or sell each one by itself and make prob 60-75% of ur money back. Crappy that the seller didnt inform you of this before u bought them.. Id ask for part refund or full refund or atleast help with cost is they can be modded to wrk..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerDangerV2

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
RangerDangerV2
st cloud MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date