pole piece height difference??

RangerDangerV2
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
st cloud MN
I just bought 2 motors, I bought them as a matched pair, but one of the pole pieces is about an 1/8" higher than the other... Is this a really bad thing? I wouldnt suspect that it would make a difference but this is the first time that I have experienced this problem..

thats strange. depends how far the pole extends. if only .375 then ya .125 is a big diff.

prob got 2 diff batches of subs

put a shorting ring on the top plate and end the eddy current..

2LBE3.jpg

Pm me, anyone got input on these? Received them like this, Had no probs when they were built. I'll be calling mmats about this one.

Pm me, anyone got input on these? Received them like this, Had no probs when they were built. I'll be calling mmats about this one.
thanks man... I appreciate you calling them, I just wish that you would have told me about the height difference when we were communicating...

Understand man just saw no difference when they were built so didn't think anything of it. Any other builders got input? Can this be fixed?

i thought you ment both poles were extended like most subs 12-18mm from the top plate a shorting ring would have helped.

you cant run these subs together the sub on the right isnt rite at all. there is no sence of having such a thick top plate and not having the pole atleast as tall.

there will be BL and xmax differences between these 2. mmats didnt make these they are dd 9500B's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RangerDangerV2

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
RangerDangerV2
st cloud MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date