Plywood layers

I don't think the BB is a cookie cutter/China build house product. They are out of Denver and I think the subs are designed and made in FL? Regardless of where or who is assembling it, pretty confident that one isn't going to go wrong with either BB or Fi. DD Audio make great subs too, not seeing anything that stacks up against the Fi or the BB for the same price though. I stated it's on a par as it is rated higher in most categories - giving respect to the Fi driver in that sense. Not sure and cannot say it isn't worth the extra $300 dollars, can;t say it is either. I hope you have windshield insurance, at some point that thing is going to blow!!!

I have full glass coverage which is why this windshield isn’t breaking 🤣. I remove that coverage first bass note it will be gone 😅.

Take into account the black brick subs are 4” coils and the Fi subs are 3”. 4” coil subs are power hungry, especially ones with a an FS on the high side (stiff), and 8 layer coils . I was never a fan of high FS subs, I like my bass notes like a putita likes their standards, low 🤣

I have full glass coverage which is why this windshield isn’t breaking 🤣. I remove that coverage first bass note it will be gone 😅.

Take into account the black brick subs are 4” coils and the Fi subs are 3”. 4” coil subs are power hungry, especially ones with a an FS on the high side (stiff), and 8 layer coils . I was never a fan of high FS subs, I like my bass notes like a putita likes their standards, low 🤣
¡Eres un chico travieso!

Ain't that true about insurance, never fails!

I don't disagree, but power isn't going to be an issue, and for a $300 difference, not seeing any reason. Everything is a trade off, in the end, the cost difference here is more likely the more persuasive argument. just say'n. Still a better option than the HCCA's IMHO.

Last edited:
¡Eres un chico travieso!

Ain't that true about insurance, never fails!

I don't disagree, but power isn't going to be an issue, and for a $300 difference, not seeing any reason. Everything is a trade off, in the end, the cost difference here is more likely the more persuasive argument. just say'n. Still a better option than the HCCA's IMHO.

And that is what ***** the most, there is always a trade off. I can say though 4” 8 layer coiled subs with stiff suspensions and the goal is to run only 3k total (I think from the other threads that is his goal) it’s a waste imo. You can try to counter it with going with a bigger enclosure but what it really comes down to is the kind of sound you are after. I’m not the kind that likes to hit big numbers at 50-75hz 😅. I like the low stuff, and I like it to sound good while doing it. Maybe this is why I’m deaf 🤔

Yeah, i get it. The amp is pretty powerful, the BB seems to be the best cost to power choice in my book. No many 3000 watt subs that don't have large VCs or that don't fairly stiff compliance. Kind of comes with the territory. Ultimately, for volume, IB would be the way to go, not really an option here.

Last edited:
The amp I plan on using is waaaaay under rated. At 1 ohm it puts out easily over 7k.

The ohms will rise 😕. I have a smart 5 wired to 1.4 ohm (full power from 1-2 ohms). I get 3k out of it with rise. I did try it at .7 once and did my best score that way but put it back as I don’t trust it that low 😬.

The ohms will rise 😕. I have a smart 5 wired to 1.4 ohm (full power from 1-2 ohms). I get 3k out of it with rise. I did try it at .7 once and did my best score that way but put it back as I don’t trust it that low 😬.
I hear ya there (no pun intended)! I run a DS18 Hooligan 3K and I'm sure it can push close to 4000 watts at .5. I'm content to run it at 4 ohms to the dual Focal 33v2s, stuffed and sealed. Sounds fantastic and with cabin gain, hitting low 30s, enough to make the heart skip a beat or two. Love it!

I hear ya there (no pun intended)! I run a DS18 Hooligan 3K and I'm sure it can push close to 4000 watts at .5. I'm content to run it at 4 ohms to the dual Focal 33v2s, stuffed and sealed. Sounds fantastic and with cabin gain, hitting low 30s, enough to make the heart skip a beat or two. Love it!

I’ll make a confession, I miss running sealed 😭

This is good stuff at a good price

This is good stuff at a good price
Hella good price for 4/0 wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...