• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 737
    Participant count
    Participant list
U

Unregistered

I am trying to decide if I should put a small piece of plexi glass at the top of my sub box so that you can see the voice coils. My box size is 30"X14"X10". Would the plexi glass compromise the integrity of the box? What i mean is, would it vibrate and make noise and if it will affect spl levels.

I also have another question: Is it wise to have some "L" brackets inside the box to keep it from warping around at high levels? Should I use fiberglass insulation to absorb the high frequencies and would this affect my overall sound?

I would appreciate it so much if you guys can give me some feedback. The box calcs have already drove me crazy...with all the angles and stuff.

Thanks!!

bracing is always good =), i'd leave the plxiglass out unless you got like 1" lexan, or however it's spelled. good luck dude,,,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.