Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Powwow58701

Have 2 12inch jl audio w03 in a ported box can i get the correct amp settings and deck settings also.and how to parallel wire these.im using a pioneer dehs1000ub head unit. The only settings on the amp are gain and frequency the frequency goes from 40 60 125 200 240. And on the deck I need settings for the hpf and lpf. Do i use 12db or 24 db also? And what hz should i set the deck on

There's only one way to hook them up. Wire each sub to the amp.

For the setting keep it around 80hz on the xover. Gain will be different for everyone. Simplest way is to get all the setting on both the hu and amp where they need to be and then turn it up until you hear distortion, then back it down a notch. General rule is to keep it under half way for the gain. Avoid all the artificial bass enhancers as well.

Have 2 12inch jl audio w03 in a ported box can i get the correct amp settings and deck settings also.and how to parallel wire these.im using a pioneer dehs1000ub head unit. The only settings on the amp are gain and frequency the frequency goes from 40 60 125 200 240. And on the deck I need settings for the hpf and lpf. Do i use 12db or 24 db also? And what hz should i set the deck on
u can use 12 or 24 (try both see if 1 sounds better) only use hu xovers ,use hp at 80-100hz or so for speakers, 60-100hz for sub LP (if u listen to rock 80-100, if mostly rap 70-80 normally works well) since it's a pioneer amp it won't have ss filter (which u really need for ported box unless u have a nice one tuned in the 32hz range) so that means the freqs on the amp is lp xover if it say off turn to that (after etting lp to 60-100 on hu) if no off turn it to highest freq 240. that way u control everything from hu and u can adjust xovers easy and see what sounds best just set both at 80hz to start and go up and down till u don't hear distortion (keep lp 100hz or below) yeah gain is different for every amp and system, they is a way to set it using test tone and meter but if hu has 4v or more 1/4- 1/2 is normally right..

How do I paralell wire them to get max power? I'm smelling burnt speakers a lot.idk why I have set everything and even had the car audio place set everything for me but they still seem to smell ..I'm using memphis car audio ground and power cables which are more then good enough I'm using hpm series 12 guage hyper twist ofc audio speaker wire which I'm sure is negative or positive no matter what cable is used..idk what's up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.