please help.with trans am.system

Mostly rap some house and dubstep old.school.rock.occasionally... i def need room.in the hatch ... i want it to.sound as good.as possible. I dont want crazy crazy base i want it to.pump but not rattle the car apart either

Ok usually on a budget like yours we would get a prefab (can't remember the brand) box that would drop into the well and we would mount the amps on mdf on the top of the rear compartment
There are tones of fbody install pics out there
This is what's usually done with a pair of 10s sealed But then all your rear hatch area is filled. Not many options for you here

Ok you. Can use a 5 channle but you gotta understand its not gonna make a crap ton of power for your subs if you are looking for good clean highs and a moderated little bass kick the 5 channle will do that . If you want to have crisp clear powerfull highs and mid bass and really healthy rock your socks bass than we need 2 amps

No biggie the ppi900.4 is tiney and you 1500 rms sub amps that are tiney

What all do you have Latin around just the deck ?? No RCA's mdf power wire?? I have some power wire and rca's all kinds of crap lemme know

yea i just have the deck im going to need everything else im not apposed to do the two amps
I have a use Polk pa 1000 and matching 4 channel I also have a new amp kit for the amps The components I'll have to order. But that's not an issue

I think i like the idea of one.10 or one 12 running off two seperate amps.like reccomended if i.were to.go.with one sub And the hds3 Could i.still use and go.with the ppi bk1800?

Here's a build log that might be informative:

1998 Pontiac Firebird Audio Installation by Easy Way Electronics

We have CDT HD-62 with Free CL-6EX coaxial rear fill speakers on special now for $349.99 with a free 5 year extended warranty upgrade. This would get you nearly the same speakers as this Firebird. I wasn't happy with the bass output using a "stealth" corner fitting box and a CDT 10" subwoofer. We had to keep the hatch open for the T-tops storage. You're left with a really small box that's counterproductive to loud bass. If there's any way you can live with a bigger box back there you really need it to overcome the noise of the vehicle and road noise from outside.

does your gear have to be brand new ? im not much of a fan of newer 5/6 ch amps butused you can find nice older / mid school amps like the memphis bell or the fultron bell are just fantastic amps - no longer avalable new tho - but usualy sell less than 300 here or there on the fourms. others can recomend their favorites but if it was me id be after something like that.

can you post a pic of your car ? is it a hatch back / or trunk car ?
I also have a soft spot for the old multichannels, but it's getting to the point where a lot of the good ones are so old that electrolytic caps are likely going to fail prematurely. A/D/S, PPI, PG, Soundstream, and Fultron were in their prime in the 90's! Also, with space as a premium a modern full range class D solution would be best.

How much better are the two subs , rather then one? also is there any way to use one 5 channel amp? im.limited on space

Do you have any pics Of any f body setups? how did you mount the amps ?
I would suggest measuring to see exactly how much space you can give up for a box and planning around the space rather than trying to cram as much cone area as you can into your space and budget. You'll likely not overpower a high quality single 10 with your budget or goals and in a proper box it would outperform a couple entry level 10's, last longer, and hold better resale value down the road if things change for you.

I like a multichannel amp but the good ones are not cheap and may lack flexibility. Furthermore money spend on rear speakers is a terrible waste. A far better investment would be putting that money into deadening up front and higher quality components in the front. Turning your car into an acoustic nightmare with mids and highs coming from behind you for the sake of 3dB (maybe) is impractical IMO, even more so if on a budget and you're cheaping out all around for the sake of just stuffing something in all the factory holes..

Here's a build log that might be informative:1998 Pontiac Firebird Audio Installation by Easy Way Electronics

We have CDT HD-62 with Free CL-6EX coaxial rear fill speakers on special now for $349.99 with a free 5 year extended warranty upgrade. This would get you nearly the same speakers as this Firebird. I wasn't happy with the bass output using a "stealth" corner fitting box and a CDT 10" subwoofer. We had to keep the hatch open for the T-tops storage. You're left with a really small box that's counterproductive to loud bass. If there's any way you can live with a bigger box back there you really need it to overcome the noise of the vehicle and road noise from outside.
How long os the sale going to last and have you ever successfully gottin a nice sized ported box.in a f body? any idea where i can get one?

How long os the sale going to last and have you ever successfully gottin a nice sized ported box.in a f body? any idea where i can get one?
The enclosures I've seen are all sealed, but maybe there is a ported box ready to order. In our little town I get pickup trucks, not sports cars, so I haven't had a chance to work on another F-body. I could ask around.

The sale is going through the end of April.

Here's a build log that might be informative:1998 Pontiac Firebird Audio Installation by Easy Way Electronics

That looks just like my car. I am going with a similar setup only I am going old school with Sony big red amps xm-7527 for the 10" Orion NT's and xm-7547 for the mids/highs. I haven't yet decided on what brand of mids/tweets to go with but I have eyeballed the CDT's lots.

To the OP, there are some sub options to fit premade custom boxes for our application in the cubby hole next to where the T-tops store. It's also where the factory cd changer is/was mounted. One place also has a box that goes on the opposite side to match it but you would have to cut the plastic and remove the spare tire. They are fairly stealth mounted in these locations and still provide plenty of bass out of a 10" sub thanks to the hatch design of the car. As one guy mentioned earlier, go with an older amplifier for your SQ. There is no replacement (IMO) for an old school class a/b amp. Please post pics of your system when you get it together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.