please help.with trans am.system

gotgrowth

new york
Hey guys putting together a system for my 99 trans am.

My budget is around 1000 dollars soup to nuts ... I have a flip out touch screen pioneer head unit forgot the model number ....

I want to.go with one set of comps.up front a set of coax for rear fill . And a sub in a stealth box

Trying to.run the whole system off one amp .. i was recommended the jbl gto 5 ez

The car has a very loud exhaust system and is already dynomatted ..... i.want it to.go loud but sq is the main objective

Any help would be appreciated.....

does your gear have to be brand new ? im not much of a fan of newer 5/6 ch amps but

used you can find nice older / mid school amps like the memphis bell or the fultron bell are just fantastic amps - no longer avalable new tho - but usualy sell less than 300 here or there on the fourms. others can recomend their favorites but if it was me id be after something like that.

can you post a pic of your car ? is it a hatch back / or trunk car ?

i had a 84 corvette ( hatch back ) that absolutely was amazing sound setup box was built all the way to the rear as far back as it could go. port facing up at the verry rear pointing up at the hatch glass. sub also facing up somehow the rear glass acted like a horn flair and was just delicious - and could get loud too.

id post a pic but i cant find it. :/

i kno you said you already had a box in mind - but id realley recomend trying out a setup like described above

edit - i found one half finished pic on my old photobucket. - this setup ( re sx 18" old version ) on 1200w was just tremendus in this car. i mean it realley would boogie down

If you need a sub that like a small box. Look at either a single 10 or a pair of 8s. As far as amp. A ph 5100 fr or arc xdi 5 channel both are good and compact components there's to many to choose from

Ok no prob I've done **** tones of f body's lets se for componets power hands down ppi 900.4 165$ put the front half on a set of sound qubed comp/tweet set. $100 so then on the other half put a set of good 6.5 on it I'm running infinity kappas thier 2 ohm so 1 on each channle $68 so that's under 350 for the highs n mids ...

No for subs/amp.

If new cant beat the ppi bk1800 225.00$ does over rated its efficient and 1800 rms is dirt cheap at 225.00

Could also do the American bass 4480 hybrid

No the box is a pain to build but if your handy go for it but that's gonna be 100$ or so and I would go with the soundqubed hds3 12 they are 139.00

So

Ppi 900.4 =165.00$

Sound qubed comps= 100$

Infinity kappa 6.5. = 65$

Ppi bk1800 = 225$

2 sound qubed hds3 12" 280$

Box = 100$

Wires =100$

Just a shade over 1100. You can really do no better for amps if buying new the ppi 900.4 is fully active capable , nasty powerfull, cheap, just can't beat them for 170$ and the bk1800 is a tank for 225$ you could go with 1 sub but if I had a grand to spend that's where I would go

Screw 1 amp just get a 900.4 ppi. It's tiney and a ppi bk 1800 is small as well I have just never been happy with the sub power on 5 channels althought there is a Memphis belle in the classifieds!!

thanks for the reply mylowes if it were you what comps.and coax would you pick?
Depends on my budget. If $200. Then the cdt com626 cr if a bit more the mx series. If. Say $500 hertz or phd the arc xdi amp and an tantric sundown or b2. 8" sub or two

How much better are the two subs , rather then one? also is there any way to use one 5 channel amp? im.limited on space

Do you have any pics Of any f body setups? how did you mount the amps ?

I guess we should find out some info .. What kind of music do you listen too when you drive?? Are you gonna need Room in the hatch or can we fill it up with sub/amp/box?? What are your goals high spl. Sq ?? You said exhaust on that ls1 is loud so I'm guessing a lot of mid/high range but how much sub??

Ok usually on a budget like yours we would get a prefab (can't remember the brand) box that would drop into the well and we would mount the amps on mdf on the top of the rear compartment

There are tones of fbody install pics out there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.